Windows Server 2019 Repair UEFI Boot: Try Top Fix Here!
If you are wondering what is the best way to make Windows Server 2019 repair boot errors, read the following article carefully and you will find the most suitable answer.
Windows Server 2019 won’t boot
Just a few days, I downloaded the Windows Server 2019 ISO and I try it on the virtual machine but it couldn't boot. File:EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD error code:0xc000000d. Can anyone help?
- Question from Microsoft Community
If you are reading this, your Windows Server 2019 is probably broken and you may need to repair its boot record. This guide offers the best way to perform Windows Server 2019 repair boot. In this article, we will learn how to repair the Windows bootloader on a modern computer that uses UEFI instead of a classic BIOS and GPT disk partition table (instead of MBR). Continue reading for more details.
What causes Windows Server 2019 UEFI boot errors?
There are several possible causes for a Server computer to fail to start on Windows. Windows Server 2019 UEFI boot corruption can occur after installing a second operating system (in a dual boot configuration), file system corruption, incorrect operation during Windows recovery, deletion of some data on a hidden partition, malware (virus, ransomware, etc.), and some other reasons.
You may cannot wait to jump to the solutions to repair Windows 2019 boot issues, now let’s check them immediately.
Repair Windows 2019 boot issue via DiskPart
1. Prepare a Windows Server 2019 installation device (DVD or USB) to boot your computer if it fails to boot. After you manage to boot into system, you’ll see a Windows Server setup window, please press Next.
2. In the following window, click Repair your computer＞Troubleshoot＞Command Prompt.
3. Once the Command Prompt window appear, enter DISKPART > select disk 0 (Disk 0 is now the selected disk) > list vol.
4. There is no drive letter assignment to our UEFI partition (volume 3) so we need to assign a drive letter.
5. Input sel vol 3 > assign letter=E:
6. Exit DiskPart tool.
7. Next, we need to change to the boot folder on the UEFI volume. Change to the UEFI volume into the boot folder. Depending on the way Windows was installed this path maybe one of the following.
cd /d E:\Boot\
cd /d E:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
cd /d E:\ESD\Windows\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
8. Now we will need to enter three command lines to repair the BCD store. Again depending on the way Windows was installed these may not all be necessary, however, command lines are unnecessary will not affect the outcome.
9. Note, after issuing the /rebuildbcd command, don’t be surprised if you see “0 Windows Installations found”.
10. Restart the computer with the installation media removed to check if the Windows Server 2019 UEFI boot error has been settled.
However, what if you don't have an installation media yet? This is not a difficult task, and the following will cover the details for you.
A secure way to enable Windows Server 2019 to recover from a system crash
AOMEI Backupper Server is the best server backup software that allows you to create a system backup image of your Server 2019 and create bootable USB drive or CD/DVD disc., which supports Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019/2022 and owns the following features:
With one Windows Server recovery disk, you can apply it to all the Windows Server operating systems. Let’s take a look at how to create a bootable recovery disk with AOMEI Backupper Server. Download AOMEI Backupper Server, install and open it. Then follow the instructions to create a bootable USB/CD/DVD.
Create bootable media to boot computer successfully
1. Prepare a flash drive (or CD/DVD disc), better greater than 13GB, and connect it correctly on your Server PC.
2. Click Tools > Create Bootable Media.
3. Select a bootable disc type. The Windows PE option is recommended because it provides a more flexible and convenient operation than a Linux boot disk, and it can boot from both legacy/MBR and UEFI/GPT modes.
4. In the select bootable media window, choose USB flash drive, CD/DVD disc or ISO image file. Click Next and it will start creating immediately. Waiting for it to complete and disconnect the storage.
Recover Windows Server 2019 OS from disaster
Once you have created a bootable media with AOMEI Backupper, you can boot your Server computer no matter what kind of system failure occurs.
1. Connect the bootable USB drive to the computer where exits corrupted OS. Power on and keep pressing Del (or F2, F8) to enter BIOS settings.
2. Switch to the Boot tab by using the arrow keys and set the bootable USB flash drive as the first boot device. Press F10 to save changes and exit.
3. Once logged in, you’ll see a loaded AOMEI Backupper Server. And you can use the Restore feature to select the system backup image to let your Server computer back to its previous state.
Now you know how to make Windows Server 2019 repair UEFI boot from the specific tutorial in this article. With AOMEI Backupper Server, you can create Windows Server 2022 recovery disk effortlessly to boot your PC if it fails to start and restore a backup created earlier from WinPE.
If you want to protect unlimited PCs and Servers within your company, pick AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus as you wish. So try this program immediately.