When do you need to reimage your computer Windows 7/8/10?
To reimage computer means to delete all the data on the computer. It is similar to restoring computer to factory settings. When you have the following situations, you can reimage your computer Windows 7/8/10.
1. When you feel your computer is extremely tardy or it is not running well as it should be.
2. When there is something wrong with your Operating System, you cannot even load Windows.
As mentioned above, reimaging a drive can be done quite simply and quickly, but it is a very serious and destructive process to any data on the computer. When reimaging a hard drive, everything will be overwritten on the hard drive. All personal data and programs will be gone with nothing saved. Personal data should be backed up in advance in case that there is any problem occurs when you reimage your computer in Windows 7/8/10.
Backup files before reimage Windows 7/8/10
To backup files, it is recommended to use AOMEI Backupper Standard. It is a freeware which allows you to create backups with more options. It supports to create system backup, disk backup, partition backup, file backup. You can create backup to external hard drive, cloud drive, NAS, etc. Unlike Windows built-in backup tool, this software supports any File System detected by Windows instead of only NTFS.
To backup files, download AOMEI Backupper Standard, click Backup and select File Backup on the main page, then follow the wizard to complete the process. When the backup is complete, you can also create a bootable rescue media using CD or USB drive in order to protect your computer from attacks or being unable to boot.
Reimage your computer in Windows 7
To reimage windows 7 is different from that of Windows 10/8, because there is no option for you to reset or refresh this PC. You should resort to installation disc. To reimage your computer in Windows 7, download Media Creation tool to create one. You can create it either on a USB drive or a CD. If you do not want to use CD, you can create it on USB drive.
After preparing the backup and installation USB drive, you can get started. Let’s see how to reimage a computer without disc.
1. Connect the installation USB drive and change boot order to allow your computer to boot from the installation media.
2. After Windows Setup is loaded, press the F8 key to accept the Windows license agreement.
3. At the “Where do you want to install Windows” screen, click the hard drive partition that you want to reimage and then click the delete button.
Tip: You can also press Shift +F10 key combination to use Diskpart to clean hard drive. Type the following command:
select disk [disk number]
4. The hard drive will be shown as unallocated, and then you can click “Next” to start reinstall Windows. You can also create partitions before installing Windows.
Usually, it will take about half an hour to reimage your computer. After that, you will need to install all the software you like to use and restore your files back to your hard drive.
Reimage your computer in Windows 8/10
1. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen. Select Settings, then Update & Security. Click the Recovery tab, then click Get started below “Rest this PC”.
2. When a new Windows prompted, click Remove everything.
3. At the new prompt Window, click remove files and clean the drive. This option will completely erase your computer's hard drive and then reinstall Windows 10 on it. But if you have more than one drive, you can choose to remove all files from only the drive where Windows is installed.
4. Click Next when you see a warning about not being able to roll back to a previous version of Windows.
5. Click Reset when prompt. Your computer will begin resetting itself.
No matter reimage your computer Windows 7/8/10 or reinstall your Windows and restore your computer to factory settings, it is recommended to backup your computer in advance in case there is data loss.
After reimaging your computer, you can also use AOMEI Backupper to make an image backup of the new system. With the image backup created, you can easily restore to the previous good state even when your computer is unable to boot.
If you want to protect unlimited computers within your company, you can pick AOMEI Backupper Technician. With the inbuilt AOMEI Image Deploy tool, you are also allowed to deploy/restore system image file on server-side computer to multiple client-side computers over network.