Black screen of death problem?
How to fix black screen of death in Windows 7 before login? I have some problems to start up my computer, and right before my log in it goes to the black screen with no cursor, so I could not finish the task, so what should I do to fix black screen?
Black screen of death (BKSOD) is an error screen to show you when Windows operating system encounter some seriously system errors which can cause the system to shut down due to various of reasons, like system problems, hardware or software problems, etc. How to fix it in Windows 7/8/10?
Fix black screen in Windows 7
First of all, you should have to figure out what reason makes your computer get black screen of death so that you can fix it. There are some reasons should be responsible for this mess:
Installed some certain Windows update.
Corrupted graphic card driver.
Now, fix black screen of death in Windows 7/8/10. You have many solutions to troubleshoot this error, here it is.
Last Known Good Configuration
Follow these steps to fix:
1. Start your PC and press F8 key before the Windows logo displayed to enter Advanced Boot Options.
2. Then you will see a list of tools that you might use, choose Last Known Good Configuration (advanced).
3. Your Windows 7 computer will start booting Windows, and then see if the problem is solved or not.
Reinstall Graphics card driver
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access Task Manager.
2. Select explorer.exe in Processes tab and choose End Process.
3. Then click File -> New Task to create a new task.
4. Type in explorer.exe and click OK to open Windows taskbar.
5. Click Start, and then input device manager in Windows search box.
6. Address the display adapter option and double click it. and then right click the device name, choose Update Driver Software.
Uninstall Windows security update in Safe Mode
1. Start your PC and press F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo displayed to enter Advanced Boot Options.
2. Choose Safe Mode.
3. Log in your computer with the administrator privileges.
4. Then go Start and type Programs and Features in search box, choose it.
5. View Installed Updates in next window. Locate the update you installed before the black screen of death in Windows tab.
6. Right click the update and choose Uninstall.
7. Restart your Windows 7 computer normally.
Run Anti-virus software
If your computer affected by virus, and did not run the anti-virus program, your system might be damaged by virus, download and execute this kind of software to scan and remove your virus.
Perform System Restore
You could use Windows built-in recovery options or the powerful system recovery software to fix black screen of death in Windows 7/8/10. More details refer to these words:
Restore with Windows System Recovery Options
1. Press F8 key constantly to go to Advanced Boot Options while booting up your Windows 7 computer.
2. Select Repair your computer. Log in your Windows 7 account.
3. Click System Restore in System Recovery Options window.
4. Then choose a restore point you want to Windows 7 PC to restore to. Then follow the guide to restore your system to previous normal state.
5. Restart your Windows 7 after finishing the restoration.
Safely fix black screen with AOMEI Backupper Professional
If you used AOMEI Backupper to create bootable media and backup Windows 7/8/10 previously, now, you could restore Windows system to previous normal state. Here is how it works to fix black screen of death in Windows 7/8/10:
1. Boot your Windows 7/8/10 computer into the Windows PE bootable media, then the Windows computer will automatically run into AOMEI Backupper.
2. Then go to Restore > Select Image File > Find the the system image file, and click Next >>.
3. Choose the backup point and click Next >>.
4. Select Restore this system backup or Restore a partition in this system backup, and hit Next >>.
5. Preview the settings about the Windows system restoration, click Start Restore to fix black screen of death in Windows 7/8/10.
Tip: AOMEI Backupper is applied to Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Windows Server 2003/2008 (R2)/2012 (R2)/2016, SBS 2003/2008/2011, WHS 2011, etc.
If you have never ever backed up your Windows 7/8/10, it’s highly recommended that you backup Windows 10/8/7 regularly after restoring to normal state or reinstalling Windows in case you lost your critical data or files.
AOMEI Backupper also have the ability to clone Windows 7/8/10 to SSD, clone GPT disk to smaller SSD drive, real time sync files or folders from clouds to external hard drive, and other devices, dissimilar hardware restore, fix black screen of death in Windows 10, backup data (partition, operating system, or entire hard drive) to safe place, etc.
For server usage, try AOMEI Backupper Server or Technician Plus to enjoy more advanced features.
If you stuck in black screen of death in Windows 7/8/10, try these solutions to fix. To protect your data or system safe, please backup regularly with AOMEI Backupper. Or if you have better ways to repair it, just let me know, Thanks.