How to Monitor a Folder and Move Files Automatically
Need to copy files from one folder to another automatically? Read this article patiently to get the best automated file mover utility in Windows to assist you.
How do I automatically copy files from one folder to another?
“So I have a folder and what I want to do is to automatically send everything that's saved to that folder to another.
For example, I will want whatever that goes into the Documents folder to go to my custom folder on the desktop. Whenever a new file has been made, it will always go there.”
Just like this user, we will be in need of copying files from one specific folder to another regularly. In this way, we can not only keep a backup of the original folder but also use the files from a more easily-accessed location like the desktop. However, if the folder is frequently modified, it would take a lot of time and efforts to copy files manually. Is there a way to monitor a folder and move files automatically? Just keep reading.
Best automated file transfer software in Windows
To copy files from one folder to another automatically, the best automated file transfer software—AOMEI Backupper Professional comes to help.
- It offers four sync modes for your different needs: Basic Sync, Mirror Sync, Real-Time Sync, and Two-Way Sync.
- You are allowed to synchronize files to local folders, shared folders over network, NAS devices or cloud drives, etc.
- Using the Schedule Sync feature, you can set a file sync task to run at fixed intervals. There are five schedule modes you can choose from: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, and USB plug in.
- All Windows PC operating systems like Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP are supported.
Download AOMEI Backupper now and I’ll show you how to run a scheduled task to copy files to another folder in detail thereinafter.
How to monitor a folder and copy files automatically and easily
To monitor a folder and synchronize changes to another folder without delay, you may use Real-Time sync. The steps are listed below:
1. Install and run AOMEI Backupper. Click “Sync” on the left pane and select “Real-Time Sync”.
2. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” to select the folder to be monitored.
Tip: To sync files from multiple folders to the destination path at one sync task, please click the “+” icon after you add the first source folder.
3. Select a destination location to store the synced files.
4. Click on the “Start Sync” button to perform the operation.
Options: you can write a comment for your sync task so that you can figure out the specific sync contents. You can also enable email notification here. (Email notification is not supported in Real-Time Sync.)
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
✨ Bonus tip: backup files to AOMEI Cloud
As cloud storage is becoming more and more popular, AOMEI offers users its own cloud - AOMEI Cloud. After you sign up for an AOMEI account, you can use 1TB storage for free within 15 days. Just click Backup > Cloud Backup to backup files to AOMEI Cloud.
It is quite easy to monitor a folder and move files automatically with the help of AOMEI Backupper. Actually, it is also professional backup and clone software. You can use it to create a disk image and clone an SSD to a new SSD. Try it now to discover more!