“I've searched far and wide (Page 1 of Google) and all I could find was how to 'steal' files from someone’s computer upon inserting the USB; this is not what I'm asking for, I'm very against it.
I want to give my friend some files (Non-workshop addons for GMod) but she's not too tech savvy, and I figured, instead of taking her through the boring steps, I can make it automatically move the files upon inserting the flash drive or upon double clicking the batch file (I don't mind which).
Does anybody know how one would achieve this? Or how the batch file would be written?”
In this situation, a USB hidden copier will help a lot.
What can a USB hidden copier do?
A USB hidden copier is a tool which enables you to auto copy files from USB to computer or from computer to USB. Just plug in your USB drive, and the data will be copied automatically. Such secret USB copier is of great help in following occasions:
You perform schedule backup between the USB drive and the computer, and you want to make it effortless.
You need to share files with friends or colleagues who are not too tech savvy, and you’d like to render it simple for them.
With a USB hidden copier, you can copy USB data secretly and there’s no need of extra manual operations. Then, which USB hidden copier should you pick?
Prime USB hidden copier for Windows
AOMEI Backupper Professional, the best backup software, is such USB hidden copier you are looking for. It supports all Windows PC operating systems including Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP. You can copy files to/from USB drives with the File Backup or File Sync feature. The former will generate an image file while the latter won’t.
To set the backup or sync task to run automatically, you can use the Schedule feature. There are six modes available: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in and Real-time sync. If you choose “USB plug in”, the program will run the task automatically and secretly once it detects the USB drive is connected.
Get the free trial of AOMEI Backupper and enjoy the wonderful features right now:
How to use the USB hidden copier in Windows easily?
Before you set an automatic task with the secret USB copier, it is recommended to permanently assign drive letter for the USB drive. Thus, the program can recognize your USB drive easily every time you connect it to the same computer. Follow the instructions below to secretly copy files from computer to USB drive via AOMEI Backupper:
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer and make sure it is detected. Assign a drive letter to it.
2. Install and run AOMEI Backupper. Click “Backup” on the left pane and select “File Sync”.
3. Name the task so that you can distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click “Add Folder” to select the folder you want to sync.
Tips: To sync more than one folders, you can repeat clicking “Add Folder”.
4. After the source folder is added, click the funnel shaped button at the right side of the selected folder. In the pop-up window, you can exclude certain file types you don’t want to synchronize.
5. Click the folder shaped button in the second column to select the USB flash drive as the destination path.
6. Click “Schedule” in the bottom. In the pop-up window, select “USB plug in” from the drop-down list. You can choose to run the task one time every day or not and click “OK”.
7. Click on “Start Sync” button to perform the operation. After the operation is finished, safely disconnect your USB drive and keep it properly.
Options: you can write a comment for your sync task so that you can figure out the specific sync contents; you can also enable email notification here.
Don’t modify the source folder name after doing file sync, or the program cannot synchronize it anymore.
If you want to auto copy files from USB to computer, just change the source and destination path.
AOMEI Backupper is a prime USB hidden copier you should pick. It helps you to copy files between the USB drive and the computer automatically and secretly. If you get this tool, you will find more amazing functions, such as block level incremental backup, restoring EFI partition in Windows 10 and so on.