2 Easy Ways Make Google Drive Sync Files Between Computers
On this page, you will learn two easy methods to make Google Drive sync files between computers. Go through it and choose the way you like.
Can Google Drive Sync Between Two Computers?
How do I synchronize two different computers through Google Drive?
I have a home and an office computer that I need to synchronize through Google Drive. I need Google Drive to automatically synchronize the changes I make to my documents on both computers. So is it possible to make Google Drive sync files between computers?
User Case from Reddit
Google Drive stands as a practical cloud storage solution, providing users with a generous 15GB of free cloud storage capacity. This platform facilitates the storage of diverse files like images, videos, audio recordings, documents, and more.
It is easy to sync computer files to Google Drive via its desktop app or website. But if you have more than one computer, can Google Drive sync with multiple computers? The answer is yes! Please keep reading to get 2 easy ways to use Google Drive to sync files between computers easily.
The Need of Google Drive Syncing Files Between Computers
Syncing folders between two computers with Google Drive offers several benefits, making it a convenient and efficient way to manage and access your files across different devices. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Accessibility and Convenience: Synced files are stored in the cloud, allowing you to access them from any internet-connected device, including computers, smartphones, and tablets.
- Data Synchronization: Changes made to files in one location are automatically reflected in all other synced devices in real time. This ensures that you're always working with the latest version of your documents.
Then, how to perform Google Drive sync between computers? The following will show you 2 simple solutions for your reference.
Way 1. Google Drive Sync Files Between Computers using Desktop App
As we all know, Google Drive performs two way sync between your local computer and the cloud. So when it comes to making Google Drive share folder between two computers, one of the most straightforward methods is to take advantage of the same Google account.
When you sync files and folders from the first computer to Google Drive, and then go to another computer and sign in with the same Google account, you can access the synced files you need on your computer effortlessly. Here’s how to use Google Drive to sync files between computers:
Step 1. Install and run Google Drive for desktop on your computer A.
Step 2. Sync the desired folders from computer A to Google Drive by navigating to Preferences > My Computer > Add folder.
Step 3. Choose Sync with Google Drive and click Done. This action will automatically sync the selected folder to your Google Drive account.
Step 4. Set up Google Drive for desktop on computer B using the same Google account as computer A.
Step 5. After setup, you can access your Google Drive files on computer B through the Google Drive disk in the File Explorer. Your synced files will be located in the My Drive folder.
Way 2. Google Drive Sync Files Between Computers via AOMEI Backupper
In situations where you encounter sign-in issues with Drive for desktop or experience Google Drive not syncing files errors, opting for a reliable third-party sync software like AOMEI Backupper Professional can be a viable alternative for Google Drive syncing folder between two computers.
This software offers a Two-Way Sync function, which ensures that you sync your local files to Google Drive and any changes you make in Google Drive will be synced back to the computer. It also has the following advantages:
- Auto sync: This software offers the convenience of automatic file synchronization to Google Drive with fixed intervals, including Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, and even USB plug in. This eliminates manual uploading of files one by one, saving you time and effort.
- Support for multiple devices: In addition to syncing files with Google Drive, the software extends its support to other popular cloud storage services like Dropbox and OneDrive. Moreover, it supports syncing folders to network drive, NAS, external disks, USB, local drive, etc.
You can download this tool on your computer and follow the graphic tutorial below to perform Google Drive sync with a few clicks.
- Notes: Before you do Google Drive sync using AOMEI Backupper, you should do the following preparations:
- Run and log in to Google Drive for desktop on your computer.
- In Drive for desktop, select Mirror files for Google Drive and specify a local folder as the Google Drive folder. You can either keep the default folder location or choose a specific location on computer.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional, click Sync on the left side, and choose Two-Way Sync.
- ★Tips: This tool offers various synchronization options, and three more sync options are available:
- Basic Sync: It is designed to synchronize changed files from the source directory to the destination directory.
- Mirror Sync: It will keep the source directory identical to the destination directory at all times. This means that any files in the destination folder that do not exist in the source will be deleted during synchronization.
- Real-Time Sync: It will continuously monitor the files or folders in real time and sync changes from the source directory to the destination directory immediately. This option is particularly useful when frequent changes to files or folders are expected.
Step 2. You can rename the sync task. Click Add Folder to select the folder you want to sync.
Step 3. Click the inverted triangle located at the right edge of the destination bar. Choose Select a cloud drive.
Step 4. Select Google Drive as the destination path, and click OK.
Step 5. Click Start Sync to initiate the Google Drive sync between your computer and the cloud.
If you require Google Drive to sync files between computers, continue downloading AOMEI Backupper on the other device and repeat the steps above.
Letting Google Drive sync files between computers helps you access and manage files on different locations with high efficiency. You can choose any of the methods mentioned in the article to achieve this goal.
Using the reliable sync software AOMEI Backupper Professional, you can not only sync files to Google Drive but also sync data to other devices like external disk, network drive, and so on. Besides, it offers many other useful features, such as creating system image backup, disk cloning, creating bootable device, etc. Don't hesitate to give it a try and streamline your data synchronization process.