How to Transfer Data to New iPad Pro Quickly
Want to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 but do not know how? This guide will tell you how to move data to iPad Pro from iPhone, iPad and computer.
Need to move data to new iPad Pro?
How to transfer data from iPad Air to new iPad Pro
I have used my iPad Air for 5 years and my new iPad Pro has arrived. Want to transfer all data to new iPad Pro and what is the best way? Thanks in advance!
- Question from Reddit
How to transfer iPhone data to new iPad Pro
I want to transfer all data from my iPhone to new iPad Pro. Can I use Quick Start?
- Question from Apple Community
After taking the new iPad Pro out of the box, the next thing to do is to set it up and transfer data to it. Then we can enjoy all new features! With the M2 processor, iPad Pro 2022 is the most powerful Apple tablet to date. So how to quickly transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022?
There are 4 ways that can help you move data to new iPad Pro 2022. All the methods can help you transfer old iPad to new iPad and the tool mentioned in Way 3 can also help you transfer files from computer to your iPad. You can also use these methods to transfer iPhone data to new iPad Pro.
Way 1. How to transfer data to new iPad Pro via Quick Start
Quick Start is one automatic setup process that makes data transfer between two iPads really straightforward. It can help you transfer everything from iPhone or iPad to iPad Pro through Wi-Fi. Please note that you can only access Quick Start during the setup process, if you have already set up your new iPad Pro, you can go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad to Erase All Content and Settings and restart the setup process.
Quick Start occupies both devices so choose a time when you won’t need to use them. Here are the steps to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 via Quick Start:
1. Turn on your new iPad Pro and place it near your old iPad (or iPhone).
2. Tap Continue when you see the Set Up New iPad message appears on the old iPad.
3. When your new iPad displays an animation, scan it using your old iPad.
4. Set up a few basic things and then choose to Transfer from iPad option.
5. Make any changes to the data you want to transfer and tap Continue.
After that, the data transfer will begin. Please place two devices near each other until the transfer is complete. Then you can finish the setup process and use your new iPad.
Way 2. How to transfer data to new iPad Pro using iCloud
You can also take advantage of iCloud to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 wirelessly. First make a backup on old iPad and then restore that backup to new iPad Pro to achieve the transfer. It will help you transfer all content and settings.
Generally, if you want to back up iPad with iCloud, you can go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud to turn on iCloud Backup and tap Back Up Now to create a backup immediately. However, every iCloud user only has 5 GB of free storage space, which is far from enough to backup all data on iPad.
Fortunately, when you purchase a new iPad, you may be eligible to get temporary iCloud storage so you can backup iPad to iCloud for new iPad. If your current iPhone or iPad has updated to iOS 15/iPadOS 15, then you can follow the steps below to move data to new iPad Pro 2022 with the temporary iCloud storage.
1. On your current device: go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad (iPhone) > choose Get Started and follow the onscreen prompts to complete the backup.
When the backup is complete, you will see a Ready for your new iPad message under your name in Settings. You can choose to restore the backup within 21 days.
2. Transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022: set up your iPad until you see the Apps & Data screen or Transfer Your Data screen > choose Restore from iCloud Backup or Download from iCloud > sign in with your Apple ID > choose the backup and wait for it to complete.
Way 3. How to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 via FoneTool
If you have a computer at hand, you can choose to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 via USB cable. Compared with wireless transfer, wired transfer is more stable. FoneTool, one professional iOS data backup & transfer tool can help you complete the data transfer in 1-2 hours.
● It can help you transfer all content and settings from iPhone/iPad to new iPad Pro 2022.
● It also allows you to transfer files from Android phone/computer to new iPad Pro after set up.
● It supports all iPhone and iPad models and works well with all iOS/iPadOS versions.
You can click the download button to get FoneTool and follow the steps below to move data to new iPad Pro 2022.
1. Run FoneTool and connect two iPads to computer.
2. Click Phone Transfer option > move the mouse to iPhone to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Enable backup encryption to protect your privacy, like Health Data, Fitness Records > click Start Transfer to transfer data to new iPad Pro
- If you want to transfer files from PC to iPad Pro 2022, you can choose PC to iPhone opition to make it.
- If you want to transfer selected data to new iPad, you can first export data from old iPad to computer and then add the data to new device.
- FoneTool can help you deeply erase your iPad to ensure data is 100% unrecoverable. If you want to clear iPad to sell, you can go to Toolbox to get the data-erasing tool.
Way 4. How to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022 using iTunes
Using iTunes to transfer data is a rather outdated method but it does help you move data to new iPad Pro. You can first backup your current device with iTunes and then restore the backup to your new iPad. However, iTunes is very bulky and often prompts error messages during the backup and restore process. Anyway, this is the last option, if none of the above 3 methods can satisfy you.
1. Backup current iPad: run iTunes > plug in the device > click the Device tab after iTunes recognize your device > go to Summary > select This Computer > click Back Up Now.
2. Restore backup to new iPad: plug in new iPad > go to Summary page > click Restore Backup > select the backup you created before > click Restore to start.
Frequently asked questions about transferring data to new iPad Pro
Here are some questions you may have about transferring data to iPad Pro.
Q: How long does it take to transfer data to new iPad Pro?
It usually takes 2-3 hours to complete the transfer. Data amount, Wi-Fi condition and iPad condition can affect the process. This How long to transfer data to new iPad guide has more details.
Q: How do I transfer data from my iPhone to iPad Pro?
Transferring data from iPhone to iPad Pro is the same as transferring data from iPad to iPad Pro. You can use one of the methods in this article to complete the transfer.
Q: How can I get temporary iCloud storage to backup iPad?
When you buy a new iPhone or iPad and don’t have enough iCloud storage to backup the current device, then you can use temporary iCloud storage as long as your current device has installed iOS 15/iPadOS 15 and later. More info: How to use temporary iCloud storage to transfer data
Q: How to manually transfer data from iPad to iPad Pro?
If you just want to transfer some important files instead off all content and settings, then you can use FoneTool to help you make it.
Q: How to transfer files from PC to new iPad Pro?
iTunes can help you sync songs, videos, photos to iPad Pro. However, it will erase the existing data the device. If you prefer an easy and safe way to transfer data between PC and iPad Pro, FoneTool is a good choice.
That’s all about how to transfer data to new iPad Pro 2022. Quick Start and iCloud can help you transfer data wirelessly while FoneTool and iTunes can help you transfer data via USB cable. If you want to complete the transfer quickly but the Wi-Fi is poor, then FoneTool is a better choice.