Although there are many social apps on the market, SMS still occupies an irreplaceable position. Text messages as well as multimedia messages can be sent and received over Wi-Fi or cellular data network through Multimedia Messaging Service.
However, things don't seem to go well. You find that your iPhone not receiving picture messages from Android. Don’t worry! Read on to learn what to do when your iPhone can’t receive pictures from a certain Android phone user or in a group text.
How to Fix iPhone Not Receiving Pictures from Android
Here are all the tips that can help you troubleshoot the iPhone not receiving pictures in text from Android phone problem. Apply to all iPhone models including iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7, 6.
Tip 1. Turn on MMS Messaging
MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service that allows you to send or receive multimedia messages like pictures, videos, and audio files. If this function is disabled, then you will not be allowed to send or receive multimedia messages and thus you meet the iPhone not receiving picture messages from Android issue.
You can go to Settings > Messages to have a check if the MMS Messaging is toggled on. If not, tap the switch to turn it on. If it’s on, you can turn the feature off and on again to refresh the MMS function.
Please also make sure the Grop Messaging is enabled especially if you find your iPhone not receiving pictures in group messages.
Tip 2. Force Restart Your iPhone
If the MMS Messaging is enabled but you also meet the iPhone not receiving pictures in text issue. Then you can try to force restart your iPhone.
● Force restart iPhone 8 and later with Face ID :
Quickly press and release the Volume Up button > Quickly press and release the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Side/Top button until you see the Apple logo.
● Force restart iPhone 7/7 Plus:
Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button together > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
● Force restart iPhone 6s, SE and earlier with Home button:
Hold down the Home button and the Power button at the same time > Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
Tip 3. Check the Internet Connection
Multimedia Messaging Service requires the Internet connection to work. If the connection is not working well, then you may meet the iPhone not receiving pictures in text messages error.
So you should make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable network whether you are using Wi-Fi or Cellular data. You can turn off and turn on Cellular or Wi-Fi to refresh the connection.
In addition, you can also choose to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings to reset the network settings to default. Then you should re-enter the password to connect to Wi-Fi.
Tip 4. Update iOS and Carrier Settings
Apple always continues releasing new iOS to fix bugs and errors. You can go to have a check whether there is a new update available: Settings > General > Software Update. It may help fix the iPhone not receiving picture messages from Android issue.
Carriers also rolled out Carrier settings updates to maintain the stability of your mobile network system. Go to Settings > General > About to have a check. If a new update is available, there will be an option for you to update the carrier settings.
Tip 5. Restore Your iPhone
If the above methods can not help you fix the iPhone not receiving pictures from Android issue, then the last choice is to erase and restore your iPhone. It will erase all data on your iPhone, so please remember to backup your data before the restore.
→ Backup and Restore iPhone via FoneTool
The traditional way to backup and restore iPhone is using iCloud or iTunes. However, neither iTunes nor iCloud provide a simple solution. You cannot backup or restore the selected items but the whole iPhone, which takes a lot of time and also takes up a lot of space.
To make things easy, one free iPhone backup tool - FoneTool is a better choice. It helps you backup important data as per your needs and also offers Data Erase feature to help you reset your iPhone in one click.
● You can selectively backup your messages, photos, or videos to computer, flash drive, or external hard drive.
● The Full Backup can help you backup the whole iPhone content and settings.
● Then erase iPhone with the iPhone Eraser in minutes. After the restore, it will automatically activate iPhone and ignore initial settings without the complicated activation process.
● Finally, restore what you want to your iPhone.
→ Restore iPhone via Settings
● Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Enter your passcode if asked.
● Set up your iPhone until you access the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup > Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode > Select the backup you want to restore.
→ Restore iPhone via iTunes
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. Run iTunes and plug in your iPhone.
3. Click the Device icon > Go to Summary.
- If you have not backed your iPhone before, then you can choose Restore iPhone... option.
- If you have backed iPhone via iTunes, click Restore Backup... option.
That’s all for how to fix iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, XS, XR, X, 8, 7, 6 not receiving pictures from Android issue. Hope it helps you somewhat. If you have any other questions, please leave a comment and we will reply to you ASAP.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad