Transfer music to CD from iPhone
How do I backup or transfer music from iTunes account/iPhone to a CD? I don’t seem to find an option and can’t see any helpful topics about it. Please help.
- Question from Apple Community
Although iPhone now has become the main music player in daily life, CDs are still popular and play an irreplaceable role in some situations. For example, it’s more convenient to enjoy music on your car player or home media player using a CD.
Then, you may wonder how to transfer music from iPhone to CD. Keep reading this guide, let’s learn about how to burn music from iPhone to CD with the two methods introduced below.
Method 1. How to transfer music from iPhone to CD with iTunes
iTunes is usually used to manage and sync your music on computer. Therefore, you can transfer music from iPhone to iTunes first and burn music to CD with iTunes.
Step 1. Transfer music from iPhone to iTunes
Please make sure you have updated iTunes to the latest version on your computer. Then, follow the steps below to transfer iPhone music to iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone to computer > Launch iTunes > Go to the Account > Authorizations and choose to Authorize This Computer.
2. Login with your Apple ID and password > Click the Authorize button to complete the authorization process.
3. Click File > Devices > Choose Transfer Purchases from “...iPhone” to finish the process.
Step 2. Burn iTunes music to CD
Before burning iTunes music to CD, please note that you cannot burn anything that comes from an Apple Music subscription due to the copyright consideration. You can have a try by following the steps below. Or you can head to Method 2 to seek a better solution.
1. Insert a blank CD on your computer.
2. Open iTunes, locate your imported music, and collect them to a new playlist.
3. Choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc > When a prompt appears, select Audio CD.
4. You’re free to select the gap between each song and preferred speed > Click Burn to start the process.
Method 2. How to transfer music from iPhone to CD without iTunes
To transfer both purchased and non-purchased music from iPhone to CD without limitation, it’s highly recommended to try FoneTool, providing you with a professional and fast transfer service.
The advantages of FoneTool
✓ Simple design and operation. Different from the complicated interface of iTunes, the interface in FoneTool is much more clearer. It just requires one click to finish transferring.
✓ Multiple music sources supported. With FoneTool, you’re free to preview and transfer selective songs downloaded from any source from iPhone to CD without effort.
✓ Diverse transfer destination. You’re allowed to transfer music from iPhone to flash drive, NAS, etc.
✓ Wide compatibility. It supports all models of iPhone, iPad, and iPod. It also works well with iOS (including iOS 16) and Windows 11/10/8/7.
Click the icon below to free download FoneTool to computer. Then follow the steps about how to burn music from iPhone to CD below.
Step 1. Transfer music from iPhone to computer
1. Connect your iPhone to computer > Launch FoneTool and cick Phone Transfer > Mouse over to iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
2. Clike the + icon > Check the Music icon > Preview and choose the songs you’d like to transfer to CD > Click OK to confirm.
3. Choose a transfer destination from Transfer Settings as you like > Click Start Transfer to begin.
• Besides iPhone to computer transfer, the powerful FoneTool also enables you to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone or from computer to iPhone.
• FoneTool also supports you to transfer photos, videos, contacts among iDevices and Windows PC.
Step 2. Burn music to CD with Windows Media Player
Windows provides you with an easy way to burn music to CD with Windows Media Player. Optionally, you can also move the music to iTunes and burn it to CD with iTunes by following the steps mentioned before.
1. Disconnect iPhone and insert a blank CD into your computer > Open Windows Media Player.
2. Click Burn in the upper-right corner > Choose Audio CD.
3. Locate and drag songs to the Burn pane > Click Start burn to begin.
That’s all for how to transfer music from iPhone to CD with or without iTunes. To transfer all music you want from iPhone to CD, it’s more suggested to try FoneTool.
Want to backup iPhone to PC? The functions Custom Backup and Full Backup in FoneTool can definitely satisfy you.
If this guide is helpful, please share it with others.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad