How do I transfer data from one iPad to another?
iPad is the most popular table smart device. but one of the biggest trouble of getting a new iPad is how to transfer apps from old iPad to new iPad, including your favorite songs, photos, movies and lots of other useful data from old iPad to your new iPad. Here we will guide you to achieve simple iPad to iPad transfer with this tutorial.
In the following content about iPad to iPad transferring, we will show you four ways to transfer data from one iPad to another. Surely, each method has its advantages and disadvantages and we will explain it one by one.
With iCloud, you can directly and wirelessly back up and restore your iPad. It is better than iTunes for its all-dimensions data backup at any time or anywhere. You can do your iPad to iPad transfer at high speed with a fast connection but it's not without flaws.
Steps to transfer iPad data using iCloud
1. Open your old iPad and switch on WLAN network.
2. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup. Turn on iCloud Backup, and tap Back Up Now. After the backup is complete, check the last backup time to ensure that your backup was successful.
3. Turn on your new iPad and follow the guide to set up the new iPad. Continue until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password. When asked, choose a backup. Make sure that it's the correct one by checking the date and size of each. If you purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs, you're asked to sign in to each. If you can't remember the passwords, just skip this step and wait for the restoration to be finished.
iTunes is a great music player and it also can help you to transfer from one iPad to iPad.
Steps to sync iPad with iTunes
1. Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run iTunes.
2. Click the iPad icon and choose This Computer on the right-side panel.
3. Then click Back Up Now and start to export the data on the old iPad to the computer with iTunes.
4. Plug in your target iPad to your computer with a USB cable and run iTunes.
5. Click the Device button and choose Restore Backup on the right-side panel.
6. Choose the right backup version and click Restore to begin the process.
AOMEI MBackupper allows you to easily backup and restore your iPad on a simple pane. It gives you flexible selection to meet your needs. You would have a good experience with it. You can use it to select and transfer photos, videos, and music between iPad. AOMEI MBackupper fully supports iPad Air 4/iPad 9/8/7, iPad Pro/Air/Mini, as well as other different iOS devices.
To meet different demands, AOMEI MBackupper provides PC software to send a large amount of data with a USB cable, and phone app to share several files between iDevices.
• PC software: Support selectively transfer and wholly transfer iPad data to another with a USB cable. This is the best choice for people who have plenty of data to transfer.
• MBackupper phone app: It transfers your files with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (it uses Wi-FI feature to build connection, it does not take any cellular data or Wifi network). If you just want to transfer one or several items, you can use the app.
Now you can follow the guide below, and we will show you how it works.
Transfer data with AOMEI MBackuppper (PC software)
Step 1. Download AOMEI MBackupper and connect both iPads to computer with USB cables.
Step 2. Run AOMEI MBackupper, and click the "iPhone to iPhone transfer" feature on the main interface.
✍Note: AOMEI MBackupper also provides "Transfer to computer" and "Transfer to iPad" features enabling you to selectively transfer photos, videos, contacts, messages to another iPad.
Step 3. The source and target iPads will be listed here. If you want to transfer some private data like Health, Activity, please encrypt the process.
Directly transfer files some files without computer
In addition, AOMEI MBackupper app helps you transfer iPad files to another iPad without USB cable. It relies on Bluetooth and Wifi to build connections between two devices. If you don't have a USB cable, follow the guide below.
Step 1. Scan this QR code, or search "MBackupper" on the App Store to install this app on your both iPads.
Step 2. Open MBackupper app on the two iPads. Select the "Connect Device", and tap the iPad name from one device to build a connection.
Step 3. Here you can select photos, videos, contacts, music and data saved on the Files app. And select the items you need, and tap "Send".
Then the targeted iPad will receive the items immediately.
In all, there are 3 different ways about how to transfer data from one iPad to another.
AOMEI MBackupper is the best solution to transfer data between iPads. It’s safe and easy. The other two iCloud and iTunes have their own flaws that can be used based on your practical issue. In addition, we strongly suggest you wipe iPhone/iPad to protect your personal data if you don't want the old device any more.
AOMEI MBackupper is not only suitable for data transfer between iPads, it supports data backup and data transfer for all Apple devices. Why not try it now?