In recent years, the storage space for devices has been increasing, the minimum amount of storage starts from 64GB, far more than before. However, with such storage space, you may neglect to manage the space. Then you see a warning message saying your storage space is full.
It does not feel nice when the Android phone is stacked with stuff and starts to get slower and slower. It seems that you have to delete apps, messages, photos, music to free up space. However, some data may be precious to you. If you want to free up space without deleting apps and data, then you can choose to delete duplicate photos on Android.
It is very common to have duplicate photos on Android device. However, it’s a time-consuming job to manually remove duplicate photos from Android phone. You need to go through each photo on your device to find duplicates on Android and delete them. Fortunately, there are lots of software that can help you find all duplicate pictures quickly. Here in this guide, we will introduce the two most recommended tools to help you get rid of duplicate photos on Android mobile.
How to Delete Duplicate Photos on Android Phone
There really is quite a lot of software to find and remove duplicate photos from Android phone, but if you want an easy app, Google Files is a good choice.
Google Files is a file management tool from Google, which offers many features to help you manage your Android files including deleting duplicate files. You can control all your file related tasks on your device with the Files app. In addition, there are no purchases or ads inside it.
Generally speaking, all Android smartphones are pre-installed with Files app. If you can't find it or have deleted it, you can go to the Google Play Store to download and install it on your device.
Steps to Remove Duplicate Photos from Android Phone
1. Open Google Files and allow necessary permissions.
2. Tap Clean tab at the bottom left.
3. Tap Select files under Duplicate files.
4. Then it will show you all the original images with all duplicates. Choose the pictures you want to delete.
5. Tap the Delete button > Tap Delete again to delete duplicate photos on Android.
How to Delete Duplicate Photos on Android in Windows 11/10/8/7
If you do not want to install any app on your phone, you may let PC-based software help you find duplicate photos on Android, like FoneTool. Although this is a tool for iOS data management, you can still use it to remove duplicate photos from Android phone.
This software has a feature called Photo Deduplication, which can help users find duplicate/similar photos on iPhone and computer. You can connect Android phone to computer with USB cable > launch Photo Deduplication > select your Android phone > let the tool scan your Android and find all duplicate/similar photos.
You can click the download button to get the tool:
Steps to Delete Duplicate Photos on Android in Windows
1. Download, install and launch FoneTool.
2. Connect your Android phone to computer with the USB cable.
On your Android phone, you should see a USB connection notification in the notifications area. Tap that notification and choose File Transfer, Transfer Files or something like that.
On your Windows computer, you will see a notification that will ask you what you want to do with your new USB device. Select Open device to view files option and then you will see your device in This PC.
3. Now click Toolbox > Choose Photo Deduplication.
4. Select Scan Computer option.
5. Click Add Folder to select your Android device and click Start scanning to find duplicate photos on Android.
6. When the scanning is finished, it will list all the duplicate photos on your Android phone > Select the unwanted photos and click Delete button to remove duplicate photos from Android phone.
- Deleting duplicate photos on computer/external hard drive/USB flash drive is the same as how to delete duplicate photos on Android phone. You just need to select the scan path and then it will find the duplicate/similar photos.
- If you receive some HEIC photos from others, you can try the HEIC Converter tool to help you convert HEIC to JPG/JPEG/PNG so that you can view them on your Android and computer.
That’s all about how to delete duplicate photos on Android phone. It takes time and effort to delete duplicate photos manually, in this case, we can take advantage of professional tools to help us achieve the goal. Google Files is a good choice if you still have space to install it on device. If you have a computer at hand, you can let the Photo Deduplication tool help you make it.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad