Backing up iPhone data should be very necessary and when users plan to make an iPhone backup, iCloud or iTunes is often the first thing coming into mind.
Saving things to iCloud makes you restore iPhone or transfer data to new iPhone everywhere you want with the Internet. However, if the iPhone content exceeds 5GB, the iCloud backup will fail. This is the main reason why many people want to backup iPhone without iCloud.
Fortunately, iCloud is not the only option for iPhone backup. You can choose to create iPhone backup on PC with iTunes or a third-party tool. If you still want to store your backup in the cloud, there is an excellent cloud storage solution for you.
Either iCloud or iTunes does not give you the choice to easily manage backup. If you want to take control of your backups, one third-party iPhone data management tool AOMEI MBackupper can meet your needs.
Backup entire iPhone or selected files to Windows PC
Preview every item and select the needed data to backup
View and locate data in your backups on computer
Create incremental backup to save time and space
Restore backup files to iPhone without deleting anything
In short, AOMEI MBackupper is a good alternative to iCloud/iTunes and even offers more features to help you backup your iPhone the way you want. Click the download button to get it and follow the steps below to backup your iPhone 13/12/11/X/8/7/6.
How to Backup iPhone without iCloud or iTunes
- The Full Backup will help you backup all content and settings in one click.
- The Selective Backup will help you backup the selected files.
Backup iPhone without iCloud or iTunes - Full Backup
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable.
2. On the home interface, choose Full Backup in the Tools bar.
3. Choose Full Backup.
4. Enable backup encryption to backup private data such as Fitness records, Health and Keychain > Select a path to store the backup (Location folder, external hard drive, USB flash) > Click Start Backup.
Backup iPhone without iCloud or iTunes - Selective Backup
1. Select Custom Backup.
2. Select the data you want to backup > Click OK to continue.
3. Select a path to store the backup and click Start Backup.
Want to save the same things like iCloud works for you? You can turn to iTunes. It will create a backup package for your iPhone. If you don’t know which content will be saved, you can read this what does a full iPhone backup include guide.
1. Download iTunes on computer and connect iPhone to iTunes with a USB cable > Click the device icon.
2. Select Summary in the left > Choose This Computer and click Back Up Now. It might be finished in about 15 minutes.
You can only make a full backup of iPhone (usually more than 8GB) every time with iTunes and these backups will be only saved to C Drive. If you often use iTunes to do that, your C Drive will be jammed with iTunes backups soon.
Besides, like iCloud backups, iTunes backups cannot be viewed, too. If you want to always take control of your backups, you should try Section 1.
If you prefer to backup iPhone to cloud services, you can choose to backup iPhone to Google Drive. Although Google Drive does not save as much data as iCloud does, it gives you far more cloud storage. You would have 15GB of free storage to save iPhone photos, contacts, and calendars. This could be a proper solution when you have many pictures in Photos app.
1. Download and install Google Drive from App Store.
2. You need to sign in Google Drive with a Google account and click on the Menu icon (parallel lines) in the upper-left corner.
3. Select Settings > tap Backup > tap Start backup.
For some reason, your iCloud backup failed or you just don’t like to backup or restore iPhone with iCloud backup. Indeed, iCloud is not so convenient to use so you want to know how to backup iPhone without iCloud in 2022, 2021.
You can use AOMEI MBackupper or iTunes to backup iPhone to computer. AOMEI MBackupper is more recommended because it lets you take full control of your backup without Apple ID. If you still prefer cloud storage, you can use Google Drive to backup iPhone data with more free cloud storage.
Share this guide and it would help more people.