Can you airdrop from a PC to an iPad Pro?
I want to send some files from my Windows 10 laptop to my new iPad pro. Is there some way to perform it like airdrop?
- Question from Forums.macrumors.com
As we have known, airdrop is a useful tool to transfer files between iPhones, iPads, iPods, and Macs. But lots of users who use iPhone and Windows computers might wonder if there is airdrop for Windows to share files from PC to iPad.
Actually, “airdrop” can’t help them to transfer files between Windows and iPad, because airdrop sends files among supported Macintosh computers and iPads, iPhones, and iPods via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It never has an airdrop for Windows version.
But don’t worry, there are still some methods that enable you to ‘airdrop’/transfer files from PC to iPad, iPad Pro effectively. Refer to the following content, which will list the 2 most common ways to share files between a Windows PC or laptop and an iPad, iPad Pro, iPad mini.
How to airdrop/transfer files from PC to iPad, iPad Pro
The iOS transfer tool named FoneTool and Snapdrop are useful tools to share files between iOS and Windows 11, 10, 8, 7. You can choose one according to your need.
Method 1. ‘Airdrop’ from PC to iPad using USB cable
FoneTool is a free alternative to Airdrop to copy files from a PC to an iPad, iPad pro with a USB cable. It completes file sharing between computer and iOS devices easily with its intuitive interface. Besides, FoneTool provides several features and highlights making the operation done easy and convenient.
● This tool offers a fast speed to transfer files. If you need to transfer large files from computer to iPad or from iPad to PC, it can save you lots of time.
● It allows you to select files you want to transfer. You can either move all music, photos, video files or move several files to the destination device.
● It has wide compatibility on iOS devices. It supports full versions of iPhone, iPad, and iPod, including iPad 10/8/7/6/iPad Pro 2022/2021/iPad mini, and other iPad models, and various iPhones, iPods.
● It is able to transfer various videos. recorded videos, music videos, home videos, etc.
✍Preparation: You will need a lightning USB cable to connect your iPad to your Windows PC. You may need to tap “Trust this device” on your iPad after connecting.
Then follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download, install, and open FoneTool, click “PC to iPhone” which helps you to move data to an iOS device.
Step 2. Click the “folder” icon, and select videos, photos, music, and other messages you want to transfer.
Step 3. Then just click “Start Transfer” to start the operation.
Method 2. Transfer files from PC to iPad via Snapdrop
Snapdrop is a web-based tool that works a lot like Airdrop. You can go to Snapdrop web to instantly share a file to your iPad, or iPad Pro as long as they use the same network.
Step 1. Go your browser on your Windows computer, and go to the www.snapdrop.com site.
Step 2. Make sure your iPad and the PC are connected with the same net and open Snapdrop on your iPad.
Step 3. Wait for the other device to be detected by each other. Click the iPad icon on your PC or laptop, and choose a file type from "Take Photo", "Video", "Photo Library", "Browse".
Step 4. Click “Download” or “Accept” when it prompts a request on your iPad.
Then your files will be ‘airdropped’ to your iPad.
Now you have known how to airdrop from PC to iPad, iPad Pro. Hope this post can really help you. Besides, FoneTool gives you much fast speed to transfer music from a Windows computer to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad