Can Windows 10 use airdrop?
Airdrop is a convenient way to share photos, videos, messages, files between iPhones, iPads, and Macs wirelessly. But lots of people are wondering is it possible to airdrop Windows 10 files to iPhone, iPad, even iPod Touch or from iOS device to Windows PC?
Actually, you can’t use airdrop to send files from Windows 10 to an iOS device. Because there is no Airdrop for Windows or Android. It is an ad-hoc service in iOS and macOS systems to share files between different Apple products wirelessly.
But there are still some ways allowing users to move files between Windows and iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
Part 1. Share files between Windows PCs with Nearby Sharing
Windows 10 provides “Nearby Sharing” features to move files between 2 Windows 10 computers using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. It was inserted in April 2018 update, so it means you have to update your Windows 10 to this version or later versions.
1. On your Windows 10 computer, click the Windows button or the “Start” button. Then go “Settings” > “System” > “Shared Experiences”
2. Find the “Nearby sharing”, and enable this feature.
If someone wants to share a file with you, it prompts a message, and you can choose “Save&Open” “Save” to accept it or click “Decline” to refuse.
Part 2. Airdrop files between Windows 10 and iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
If you have a USB cable, an alternative way to 'airdrop' files between Windows 10 and iOS is the professional iOS transfer tool-FoneTool. It can effectively transfer videos, photos, music, contacts, and other data from Windows PC to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and vice visa. It comes with several highlights and features making it to be one of the best ways to share files, such as,
● Fast Speed. With its fast speed, FoneTool is better at transferring a large amount of data. the transferring operation can be finished in a very short time.
● Preview and select. This app allows you to select one or several photos, videos, music, and so on to be transferred to your Windows 10 PC, or ‘airdrop’ them from a Windows computer to an iOS device.
● Transfer iPhone to iPhone. FoneTool can move data from an old iPhone to another with the help of a Windows PC.
Next, click the download button to see how it works.
Step 1. Download, install and open FoneTool. Click "Phone Transfer" > “PC to iPhone” from the bottom of the homepage.
✍Note: If you need to ‘airdrop’ an iOS device to a Windows 10 computer, click “iPhone to PC” and follow the prompts.
Step 2. Click the “+” icon to open files you want to drop to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Step 3. Then view the selected files, and click "Start Transfer" to start it.
In conclusion, Airdrop is not actually applicable for sharing files between Windows 10, 8, 7, and iOS devices. But there are still some other tools that can help you transfer photos, videos, files, data from Windows 10 to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. If you want to airdrop from PC to iPhone, you can use FoneTool to transfer files from a Windows computer to iPhone, iPad. Hope this post can really help you.
Besides, FoneTool also is an all-in-one iOS manager integrating various features. For example, it helps you transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, backup iPhone to Windows 10/11/8/7 computer.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad