iCloud Music Library is a great feature that allows you to store all the favorite music files. When iCloud Music Library is enabled, you can easily access all songs on any device, as long as you log in with the same Apple ID.
However, this iCloud Music Library is a paid feature. You should subscribe to Apple Music ($9.99 monthly) or iTunes Match ($24.99 a year) and then you can choose to enable iCloud Music Library. After subscribing, you can store up to 100,000 songs, which does not count towards your iCloud storage cost.
● For anyone who has already subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match, we will show you how to add music to iCloud Music Library from computer so that you can access songs anywhere.
● If you just learned that you need a subscription to use iCloud Music Library, but don’t want to subscribe, you can let one third-party tool help you transfer music from computer to iPhone so that you can enjoy the music wherever you go.
How to Add Music to iCloud Music Library from Computer?
Here we will show you how to upload songs to iCloud Music Library from PC. Please note that you should have a local copy of all your songs on computer, external hard drive, or USB flash drive. Besides, please also make sure that iTunes is the latest version.
> Add Music to iTunes Library
If your songs are already in iTunes Library, please move to the next step.
Run iTunes > Click File option > Choose Add File to Library from the drop-down list > Choose the songs you want to add to iTunes Library.
> Turn on iCloud Music Library
In iTunes: Click Edit > Choose Preferences... > Click General > Check the box next to iCloud Music Library to enable it > Click OK to confirm.
> How to Add Songs to iCloud Music Library
You can also choose to add songs to iCloud Music Library from PC manually.
In iTunes: Choose the songs you want to add to iCloud Music Library > Then right-click > Choose Add to iCloud Music Library option.
That’s all. Now you can access your songs on any device when you are connected to the Internet. If you want to stream songs on iPhone or iPad over cellular data, you can go to Settings app > tap App Store > turn on Automatic Downloads.
>> The iCloud Music Library is not for free. You need to subscribe to Apple Music/ iTunes Match.
>> Two conditions need to be met to access the songs in iCloud Music Library: Internet connection & using same Apple ID.
If you don't want to pay for the subscription or want to listen to music offline, you can let one transfer tool help you add music to iPhone/iPad directly via USB connection. Keep reading to learn more.
An Easy Way to Put Music in the Right Place
From the above, you know how to add music to iCloud Music Library from computer. Here we will show you another way to help you manage your music files.
AOMEI MBackupper is one iOS data backup & transfer tool specially designed for Windows PC. It can help you always put your purchased or non-purchased songs in the right place. You can transfer music from computer to iPhone, iPhone to computer, iPhone to another iPhone/iPad.
See how to transfer music from computer to iPhone with AOMEI MBackupper:
1. Download AOMEI MBackupper on computer. It supports all iPhone/iPad models including the latest iPhone 12 (Pro Max/Pro/mini), 12-inch iPad Pro (5th generation), 11-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation).
2. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect your iPhone to computer via the USB cable > Enter the passcode on iPhone so the tool can access your device.
3. Click Transfer to iPhone option on the Home screen.
4. Click the “+” icon > Select the songs you’d like to add to iPhone > Click Open to continue.
5. Confirm the songs that will be transferred to your device > Finally, click Transfer.
Now you know how to add music to iCloud Music Library from computer. As long as you have subscribed to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you can turn on iCloud Music Library feature to upload songs to iCloud so that you can access them on any device.