Best Client-Server Backup Software for Windows | Download
To backup client computers from a central server, you can use client server backup software to save backup time and administrative cost. Go and have a try.
What is client-server backup and how to achieve it
The client-server model (or architecture) is a distributed application framework dividing tasks between servers and clients through a computer network or the Internet. And client-server network backup usually refers to backing up ;multiple sources of data to a central server.
In such model, the central server gets controls of multiple client computers and send commands to manage them; the client computers accept the commands through a set of common interfaces and data exchange protocols. Thus, the administrator can achieve backup jobs for multiple client computers with only one setup on the central server, eliminating the need for separate operations.
But, how can you implement this client-server backup model? In today's world, the importance of backup cannot be overstated. And for such a critical daily task, using centralized backup software is an effecient as well as economical solution. Now let's take a look at the following example.
Best client server backup software - AOMEI Cyber Backup
AOMEI Cyber Backup (ACB) is one of the best client server backup software that can help you centralized backup Windows Server 2016/2019/2022/11,10,8,7, and remotely monitor backup jobs for all client computers from a central console.
The entire process is simple and intuitive. You just need to get control of all client computers, select backup types and make specific settings, then create and execute the task. The created task can also be managed centrally.
With this software, you will benefit from the following features and therefore save time & administrative expenses:
All-in-one backup strategy: It supports 3 basic backup types - "Partition Backup", "System Backup", "Disk Backup", and the newly introduced "SQL Server Backup".
Multiple sync solutions: It is capable of making an exact copy of files by 3 different solutions, namely, "Basic Sync", "Real-Time Sync" and "Mirror Sync".
Hot backup: It's able to backup open files and runing programs without terminating them, nor interrupting operations on client computers.
Network backup: Centrally backing up all client computers to network share or NAS to greatly reduce local disaster, such as, server crashes, hard disk failure, virus attack etc.
Complete backup features: It includes "Settings" for backup compression, encryption, splitting, etc. "Schedule" for daily/weekly/monthly backup and incremental/differential backup. "Scheme" for backup retention policy.
Centralized management: It enables you to create, monitor, edit, delete, execute backup tasks centrally, or restore data from it directly.
If you need an effective client-server backup software, feel free to enjoy this freeware:
How to perform client server backup with easy-to-use software
To create client server backup with the software, you need to download and install AOMEI Cyber Backup on the host computer, and then install the latest agent on the client-side.
- After installing the software properly, launch AOMEI Cyber Backup on the central server, and click Source Device >> Windows or click + Add Windows Device to add your device by entering both Device Information and User Information.
Now, you can start to create client backup for Windows Server 2016/2019/2022/11,10,8,7.
1. Click "Backup Task" -> "+ Create New Task" and then select a backup type according to your needs. Here take "Disk Backup" as an example.
2. Device Name: If you are using the free version, you can choose to backup 1 Windows Server or 3 PC-based Windows systems.
3. Backup Content: Select the areas you want to back up according to your needs, you can select more than one area at the same time.
4. Target: Select to back up to a new local storage, or to a new network storage. Used paths will be saved in Favorite Storage for handy selection.
5. Schedule Backup: Create the automated backup based on daily/weekly/monthly, and it can keep tracking the VM data with full/incremental/differential backup.
6. Start Backup: You can select Add the schedule and start backup now, or Add the schedule only.
7. Start Restore: From the created backup tasks, locate the backup task you want to restore and click … >> Restore. Choose to Restore to original location to create the same data directly from the backup.
With the help of best client server backup software for Windows PCs and servers - AOMEI Cyber Backup, you can create Windows Server 2016/2019/2022/11,10,8,7 backup easily and quickly. It supports complete backup and sync solutions, including "System Backup", "Disk Backup", etc and multiple useful features, such as, normal or hight compression level, scheduled backup, incremental/differential backup, backup scheme, and more.
In addition to normal computer data, this software also includes a SQL Server Backup feature. It allows you to backup or restore multiple SQL databases at once, thanks to the functionality of centralized backup software, you can even restore database to another SQL Server on another client computer.