Centralized Backup Software - Backup All Computers on Network
Any enterprise backup software can create centralized backup for all computers within LAN simultaneously? Here is an example along with brief tutorial.
- Senario: Any suggestion for a centralized backup software?
- What is centralized backup?
- Best centralized backup software - AOMEI Centralized Backupper
- Create automatic centralized backup for all clients within LAN
- The epilogue
Senario: Any suggestion for a centralized backup software?
Ours organization has 40 computers in LAN. We want to perform centralized backup with a robust centralized backup software to backup data and email of all computers. Please kindly suggest a software.
Such needs are not rare in small to large businesses or organizations. With more and more work and transactions relying on computers today, a centralized backup solution can save a lot of work for managers who value data security and want to reduce manual errors.
What is centralized backup?
Centralized backup is a data protection strategy to backup all remote clients to network share or NAS, and manage the backup tasks from a central machine. It’s especially suitable for small business, enterprise or company that has multiple computers to maintain simultaneously.
With centralized backup, you could get the following benefits:
✤ Save time and reduce the centralized management cost.
✤ Automatic create centralized backups with one click.
✤ Flexible and centralized backup management.
✤ Reduce the risk of human error...
To enjoy these advantages, you need a professional centralized backup software.
Best centralized backup software - AOMEI Centralized Backupper
AOMEI Centralized Backupper is such a program designed for small business & enterprise and offers centralized backup solutions. It allows you to centrally backup or sync data for all computers within LAN with a few simple clicks. To suit the requirements of multiple machines, it also has good compatibility:
Operating system: It supports all Windows PCs and Servers, including Windows 10/8/8.1/7/XP/Visa and Windows Server 2019/2016/2012(R2)/2008(R2)/2003(R2), SBS 2011, WHS 2011.
File system: It supports FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ReFS, Ext2, Ext3, ExFAT.
Storage device: IDE, SATA, SCSI, HDD, SSD (SATA, mSATA, M.2, U.2), Dynamic Disk Volumes, hardware RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS), etc.
Partition style: Both MBR and GPT disk are supported.
With this prime centralized backup solution, you could create File Backup for files/folders, Partition Backup for volumes/partitions, System Backup for OS, SQL Server Backup for MSSQL databases. If you want to duplicate folders to network share or NAS directly, try Basic Sync, Real-time Sync, and Mirror Sync tasks instead.
Besides, you could management the backup tasks with flexible options :
Settings: Compress, split, encrypt the backup, use VSS, perform intelligent-sector backup or exact backup, etc.
Schedule: Create a schedule to auto execute the task at specific time on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Scheme: Set up the retention policy to automatically delete old backup images to free up space.
Please hit the button below to download the free centralized backup software and start a 30-day free trial:
Create automatic centralized backup for all clients within LAN
- Before creating centralized backup, make sure all the computers and servers stay in the same LAN.
- You can make virtual machines as backup clients as well, as long as they are runing Windows OS and have separate IPs.
Now I will give an example to create centralized Disk Backup for all clients within your company.
Part 1. Install the centralized backup software and gain control over clients
To make the centralized backup mechanism work, the first thing to do is downloading and installing AOMEI Centralized Backupper on your computer as the central management console.
Then, install the Agent package on all the client computers on network. You can either install the .exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI Centralized Backupper\Package manually, or choose to install client program in AOMEI Centralized Backupper.
After that, launch ACB and navigate to Computers tab, tick all the network connected computers you want to manage and Request Control.
Thus all the selected clients will receive the remote control request. Once they Agree to the applications, you can create backup tasks for these computers from the central console.
Part 2. Create automatic centralized backups for all computers
After the installation and setup of the centralized backup software, you can continue to create backup task as you need. Here I will take Disk Backup as an example.
1. Go to Tasks tab, click New Task, and choose Disk Backup from the drop-down list.
2. You can give the new task a name to distinguish it from other tasks, then click + Add Computers in Step 1 to select all the controlled computers you want to backup.
3. In Step 2, you can choose to Select data based on a client and then + Add disks manually, or Select data based on backup rules. Click Matching clients to see if all the clients match the selection.
4. Move to Step 3, click Add Storage and input the IP address of the NAS or network share, enter the credentials, and press OK to save the path. Then you can select a folder as the destination.
5. Hit Schedule to set up a schedule for all computers, or different schedules for different computers. Options include Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly. You can also choose full backup, incremental or differential backup in Advanced tab.
6. Click Start Backup, then you can Only create the task or Create and execute tasks to perform the centralized backup immediately.
It’s quite easy to create a centralized task with the backup software - AOMEI Centralized Backupper. If you are running Windows Servers, it can also help you perform centralized server backup to protect critical business data.
If you are using SQL Server, there's also SQL Server Backup feature to help you protect databases on any computer within LAN. It enables you to backup multiple or even all SQL databases at once.
Once the centralized backup task is created, you can find it in Tasks tab, and choose to edit, delete, restore, or run it immediately.
Looking for enterprise backup software to protect all computers within LAN? Have a try on AOMEI Centralized Backupper. This powerful centralized backup software enables you to create backup and sync tasks easily, and manage all the created tasks centrally.
Not only files and folders, you can use it for centralized system backup as well. This allows you to perform immediate disaster recovery when any computer on the network fails.