Two Ways to Perform iCloud Mail Backup with Ease
Do you want to create iCloud Mail backup? Follow the guides on this page to know two methods to backup iCloud emails easily.
Overview of iCloud Mail
iCloud Mail is an email service from Apple as part of its iCloud suite of cloud-based services. It is seamlessly integrated with the Mail app on iPhones, iPads, Macs, and iCloud.com. Designed to work seamlessly across Apple devices and platforms, iCloud Mail allows users to proficiently send, receive, and manage their emails.
For email security, iCloud Mail boasts an array of protective features such as spam protection and antiphishing to detect and block junk mail before it reaches the inbox. However, it is still necessary to perform iCloud Mail backup for protection.
Why Should You Backup iCloud Emails?
Backing up your iCloud emails is a good practice for several important reasons:
- Data Loss Prevention: Despite the reliability of cloud services like iCloud, there is always a possibility of data loss due to technical glitches, server outages, or human errors.
- Storage Limit: The free storage space provided with iCloud Mail is limited to 5 GB and it is shared across various iCloud services. Backing up iCloud email lets you remove old emails to free up space.
- Migration and Transition: If you decide to switch to a different email provider or if you want to move away from using iCloud, having a backup of emails makes the transition smoother. You won't lose valuable correspondence during the migration process.
- Offline Access: Having a local iCloud email backup allows you to access your emails even when you're not connected to the internet. This can be useful in situations where you need to reference an important email while on the go.
In the forthcoming sections, we'll present you with two straightforward methods to effortlessly backup your iCloud emails. Let's delve right in.
Way 1. Backup iCloud Mail Emails by Export
Within the Mail app, there exists an export functionality that empowers you to create local backups of email messages in mbox format. Here we take export mailboxes on Mac as an example to show you how to backup email from iCloud:
Step 1. Launch the Mail app on your Mac and log in using your iCloud Mail credentials.
Step 2. Highlight one or more desired mailboxes, then proceed by selecting "Mailbox" followed by "Export Mailbox."
Step 3. A new folder can be designated for storing the exported email data. Upon selection, click "Choose" to finalize the process.
Way 2. Easier Way to Create iCloud Mail Backup Automatically
The process of manually exporting iCloud emails is not only laborious but also prone to overlooking backup for crucial mailbox folders. With professional email backup software like AOMEI Backupper, accomplishing iCloud Mail backups is both streamlined and efficient. Using this software, you can effortlessly create a backup of the entire iCloud mailbox or certain mail folders.
AOMEI Backupper is one of the most popular email backup tools for Windows 11/10/8/7. In addition to iCloud Mail, it also offers to backup Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook Mail, Zoho Mail, etc. For backup destinations, it widely supports local computer, external hard drive, NAS device, network locations, and cloud drives including Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Please download this iCloud email backup tool to have a try! It comes with a 30-day trial period. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server!
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper. Then, select "Backup" and "Email Backup."
Step 2. Customize the backup task's name for clear identification. Then, proceed by clicking "Add Email data" to specify the iCloud Mail folders for backup.
- If you are backing up your iCloud Mail account for the first time, you should hit the "Add Mailbox" button to input your iCloud email credentials to configure the setup.
- You are allowed to backup multiple email accounts at the same time. For example, after selecting iCloud Mail folders, you can click Add Email Data again to select and backup Yahoo Mail folders together.
Step 3. Select a backup destination in the second box to store the backup files. For example, to backup iCloud emails to hard drive, you should pick Select a local path and designate a local path.
- You can employ Schedule Backup to enable “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, “Event trigger”, or “USB plug in” to perform iCloud email auto backup.
- To prevent your backup disk full, you can click Backup Scheme and enable Automatic Backup Cleanup to delete old backup images at set intervals.
Step 4. Finally, click "Start Backup" to backup iCloud email with ease.
How to Restore iCloud Mail Backup on AOMEI Backupper
In scenarios where your iCloud emails are lost or damaged, you may need to restore them from backup. Thankfully, AOMEI Backupper presents an Email Restore functionality, facilitating the retrieval of email data to its initial state. How do I restore my iCloud Mail backup? Here are the steps:
Step 1. Begin by clicking the Restore tab on the left side and clicking on Select Task.
Step 2. Choose the specific Email Backup Task that you wish to restore, and click Next.
Step 3. Within the email backup list, identify and select the desired iCloud backup image file, and select the email that you want to restore. Then, click Next.
Step 4. Pick a restore location, and then hit Open to initiate the iCloud email restoration process.
And there you have it, a comprehensive guide on creating iCloud Mail backups. While individual email export is an option, relying on a professional solution like AOMEI Backupper is recommended. This choice ensures regular and comprehensive email backups, increasing the security of your email data with consistency. Besides, you can also quickly restore email backups for iCloud when needed.
Moreover, this remarkable tool is not only an email backup tool. It also allows you to secure many types of files, like creating Windows system backups, disk backups, partition backups, and file/folder backups. What’s more, it provides a Clone function that can help you perform disk to disk clone hassle-free for data migration.