Top 2 Ways to Backup Outlook Emails to Computer Easily
How to backup Outlook emails to computer local drive? This article will show you 2 easy ways to enable the task both manually and automatically.
How do I save multiple emails from Outlook to my computer?
Backing up your emails is an essential task that you should perform periodically. Whether it's for personal or business reasons, backing up your Outlook emails can protect you against data loss due to hardware failure, accidental deletion, or security breaches. When you have a backup, you can quickly restore your data and prevent permanent loss.
Emails often contain important data, such as business correspondence, personal messages, and contacts. Losing these valuable data can be catastrophic, especially when you don't have a backup. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of how to backup Outlook emails to your computer in 2 simple ways.
Backup Outlook emails to local drive with built-in tool
Outlook provides an export feature that allows you to backup Outlook emails to local drive. Follow the stepwise guide below to export your emails to PST files.
1. Open Outlook and click File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, select Export to a file and click Next.
3. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
4. Select the email folder you want to backup.
5. Choose a location to save the exported file.
6. The process depends on the file size. Wait for it to complete and then click Finish.
💛 Notes: While Outlook's export tool can help you backup your emails, it has several disadvantages, including:
- Manual configuration: The export tool requires extensive manual configuration, making it time-consuming if you need to backup many email folders.
- Loss of metadata: The export tool may cause the loss of important metadata such as read/unread status, categories, and flags.
- No bulk export: The export tool does not allow you to backup emails in bulk, making it inconvenient if you need to backup multiple folders.
In such case, you can continue reading to catch a more flexible way to enable Microsoft Outlook save emails to hard drive locally.
Microsoft Outlook save emails to hard drive with AOMEI Backupper
If you are looking for a flexible way to solve how to save Outlook emails to hard drive without PST file, a reliable email backup software AOMEI Backupper Professional can help you a lot. With its Outlook Backup feature, you can backup a large number of emails at once, and customize your backup task with its powerful features, including:
Download this powerful Outlook emails backup software on your PC to start save emails to hard drive easily.
How to save Outlook emails to hard drive without PST file:
Step 1. Open Outlook, and make sure you log in with the account containing emails you want to backup.
Step 2. Launch AOMEI Backupper Professional and click Backup > Outlook Backup.
Step 3. Click Add Outlook data and select the Outlook emails or other files you want to backup. Then click OK.
Step 4. Click the second box to select a local path to store your Outlook emails to computer.
Step 5. Enable Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Event triggers to schedule backup the emails and then click Start Backup to backup Outlook emails automatically to your local drive at once.
This page explains how to backup Outlook emails to computer with 2 simple ways. You can choose to use the export tool that comes with Outlook, or you can seek more flexible email backup software such as AOMEI Backupper to help you backup Outlook emails to local drive automatically.
As the best data protection solution, AOMEI Backupper can safeguard your data in all aspects. You can enable Windows Server 2022 factory reset with its help. And it allows you to finish Samsung SSD Clone C Drive without booting issues. It really deserves your try!