Enable Windows Server 2022 Factory Reset with Top 2 Ways
If you want to factory reset Windows Server 2022, you can learn 2 easy ways here to finish the task. And also one professional data protection solution is introduced here.
- Need to reset Windows Server 2022 to factory defaults
- Why need to factory reset Windows Server 2022?
- Backup Windows Server 2022 regularly to prevent errors
- How to factory reset Windows Server 2022
- Wrapping up
Need to reset Windows Server 2022 to factory defaults
“I am (was) a total newbie who installed Windows Server 2022 and I fiddled with the RDP a bit too much and now that I have learnt a thing or two so I want to reset my Server to brand new status without any additions than stock and perform the correct steps that don't compromise my security. I am searching online on how to do it but I am getting nowhere. Can anybody help on how to go about it?”
- Question from reddit
Why need to factory reset Windows Server 2022?
When you have installed Windows Server 2022 and have some problems, in some occasions, you may need to complete resetting the Server to factory default settings. That means once you reset the factory defaults, all your existing settings, including the applications and configurations installed on the Server, will be deleted. Here are the common reasons you want to reset Server 2022.
Before you learn how to reset the Server to factory default settings, you’d better backup the OS in case of something bad occurs. Here I’d like to recommend you the best Windows Server backup and restore software, which you can try to make a Server 2022 backup.
Backup Windows Server 2022 regularly to prevent errors
To protect your Server 2022 from disaster, or prevent some errors occur during the factory reset process, you can try the most secure and professional backup software AOMEI Backupper Server. Once you have created a backup in hand, you can bring your Server computer back to normal. Here are some of its benefits:
Now you can learn how to backup your Windows Server 2022 with AOMEI Backupper. Just download this reliable software and install it on your computer, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the backup process of Windows Server 2022.
How to factory reset Windows Server 2022
After you have backed up your operating system, you can make Windows Server 2022 factory reset according to the following graphic tutorial.
#1. Restore Windows Server 2022 to factory settings with a backup image
You need a Windows Server 2022 recovery disk or installation disk to access the Windows recovery environment and perform bare metal restore. You will also need a system image that was created when you first used Server 2022.
1. Insert the Windows Server installation USB or recovery disk to boot the target machine. And select the language and other preferences then click Next.
2. Click Repair your computer.
3. Then, select Windows Server 2022 you want to repair, and click Next.
4. Select System Image Recovery in the Advanced options window.
5. Select the backup image created before to be restored and click Next.
6. Confirm the restore settings and click Finish to start the recovery process. It may take a while and please wait patiently.
After the restart, the Server 2022 will be restored to the state restored in the last backup.
#2. Reinstall Windows Server 2022 with installation media
Compared to having to reinstall and reconfigure Windows Server, having a backup and restoring to factory settings will save you a lot of time. But if you have not created a system backup task before, then you may consider reinstalling Windows Server 2022. Here is how you can finish the task.
1. Click on the Install now button on step 2 in first method to initiate the installation process for Windows Server 2022.
2. Select the operating system you want to install. Here I will choose Windows Server 2022 Standard (Desktop Experience).
3. Next, you need to read the License terms and agree to them for the installation process to continue by checking the “I accept all license agreements” box.
4. Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
5. Select the hard drive to install Windows Server 2022. Then, click Next.
6. Now the installation will begin and can patiently wait for the process. After installation, click Restart now.
7. After a successful installation, the system should immediately reboot and prompt you for an administrator password. Then click Finish to continue.
If you want to enable Windows Server 2022 factory reset, then you can’t miss this tutorial. And it’s essential to backup Windows Server 2022 before you start the operation or during the daily use to prevent errors occur. Luckily, AOMEI Backupper Server can give you a big favor to backup your Windows Server 2022 regularly.
It offers you other features such as Create Bootable Media, which allows you to create portable Windows 10 USB easily. In addition, if you need to protect unlimited PCs and Servers within your company, you may choose AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus. It offers unlimited billable technical services to clients. So why not try it now?