4 Easy Ways to Recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10
On this page, you will see 4 efficient methods for how to recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10. After reading, you can choose the best one to help you.
Can you recover Microsoft Sticky Notes?
“I can't open Microsoft Sticky Notes and I can't find where to recover the notes. So a couple of days ago Microsoft Sticky Notes stopped working. There's an update I can't install. It just gives me an error. I tried running a diagnostics tool and it told me that a windows store cache might be damaged. I then ran WSReset.exe without any results. Can you recover Microsoft Sticky Notes? Please help me, thanks!”
Sticky Notes are very easy to be deleted by mistake, or you have encountered the same situation as in the case: you can't open it and there is nowhere to recover your Sticky Notes. That can be worrying to recover deleted Sticky Notes, but there are some ways to recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10 and please go on reading the following contents.
4 ways to recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10
How to recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10? You can try different ways according to the situation you met. You can recover deleted Sticky Notes with data recovery software, from .snt files, from Outlook, or from a backup version. Scroll down to see the detailed steps of them.
Way 1. Recover Sticky Notes in Windows using an easy file recovery tool
First, we want to share the best option for your - an easy file recovery tool like MyRecover to recover Sticky Notes.
Whether your Sticky Notes are permanently deleted or lost in a system crash failure, this data recovery tool can easily help you recover sticky notes. Moreover, it works with all Windows systems like Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server.
In addition, MyRecover has some exclusive features like:
You can click on the Download Software button to download and install MyRecover on your PC. Then follow the 3-step tutorial to recover your Sticky Notes easily.
1. First, click the partition or disk where your Sticky Notes were saved before. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted Sticky Notes files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically. You can type your filename in the search box or use the Filter feature to find your Sticky Notes files quickly.
3. After confirming the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered Sticky Notes files. At last, click on the Recover X files button to begin to recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10.
Way 2. Recover Sticky Notes from .snt files
If your Sticky Notes are deleted by accident, you can try recovering them from .snt files. Here are the detailed steps to do it:
1. Go to the location: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.
2. Locate the .snt file and right-click on it to open it with a text editor like MS Word, Notepad, or WordPad.
3. Then the editor requires you to decode the file. Select the default actions and continue. Then press Ctrl and F keys to search for the contents of your Sticky Notes here.
Way 3. Recover Sticky Notes from Outlook
How to recover Sticky Notes quickly? Sometimes, your Sticky Notes will be connected with your Microsoft account. You can try recovering them from Outlook by following the guideline:
1. Go to the Outlook site, and sign into your Microsoft account.
2. Then click on the Notes option at the bottom of the menu.
3. Then it is possible that your deleted or lost Sticky Notes will appear here. If not, you can try the file recovery software in Way 1.
Way 4. Recover Sticky Notes from a previous version
If you are using a Windows PC and enable the built-in feature - Windows File History, you can recover Sticky Notes with the previous version. And here are the easy steps.
1. Navigate to the folder where your Sticky Notes files are.
2. Right-click on the Sticky Notes file and choose the Restore previous version option.
3. Select any version of the Sticky Notes file, and click on Restore.
But if you haven’t turned on the File History on your PC, you cannot restore previous version of files and you can try the easy data recovery tool mentioned in Way 1 to solve how to recover deleted Sticky Notes easily.
Wrapping things up
To recover Sticky Notes in Windows 10, the best way is to use an easy data recovery tool like MyRecover. In addition to Sticky Notes, it can help you to recover deleted files in Windows 10 including more than 200 types of files for free. It can save much time and effort for you and find your files back quickly.