[4 Solutions] How to Recover Word Files After Crash
This post covers 4 effective ways to solve how to recover Word files after crash. If you encounter the same issue, please keep reading to get more information about it.
Can you recover the Word file that you failed to save?
Is it possible to recover unsaved files after a computer system crash? I wrote a bunch of stuff in a new file, but didn't save it. Then the system crashes, and when I restart it, the file is apparently gone. Is there any auto-save feature for new, unnamed files, and a way to restore them? Or is there a way to force me to name a file when I create it, so that it is automatically saved from the time I start writing?
Microsoft Word is a popular tool, and you must have plenty of Word files on your computer. It can help users to work and study better. But if you are also like this user case and have suffered a computer system crash or the Word app crash, you must be looking for an answer to how to recover Word files after. That's why we edited this article to help you to recover lost data in Word document here.m
How to recover Word files after crash: 4 ways here
After your computer system or the Word app has experienced a crash, your Word files will be lost. But don't worry, we are here to provide you with 4 different effective ways to recover deleted docs on Windows.
Way 1. Recover Word files after crash via the best free file recovery tool
How to recover a word document after a crash? The most effective way is to use a professional file recovery tool. Here comes the best free data recovery software - MyRecover, which is one of the high-praised data recovery tools on the market.
MyRecover is famous for its simple operation with a few clicks on a clear graphical user interface. In addition, it supports to recover deleted or lost files from various situations.
What’s more, no matter what version of Windows systems you are using, you can get such a free tool. It can integrate perfectly with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server.
Compared with other methods, MyRecover has many advantages:
● Support to recover data from SSD/HDD/USB/SD card.
● Include multiple scanning methods like Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
● Capability to recover 200+ types of data including Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, photos, videos, audios, etc.
● Provide a clear graphical user interface and easy operating steps.
Just click the Download Software button to get the tool on your PC. And here is the easy guideline to use it to recover Word files:
1. In MyRecover, choose the partition or disk where your Word files are lost. And click Start Scan to scan it.
2. When the scanning is over, you can see your lost Word files and other missing files on this page.
3. Tick the Word files that you want to recover in the list. Select a new location to store your Word files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to solve how to recover Word documents after crash.
Way 2. Recover Word files after crash from Recycle Bin
How to restore Word document after crash? The first thing you should do is to check the Recycle Bin on your PC. If you are lucky enough, you can recover your deleted Word files in it with a few clicks:
1. Go to the Recycle Bin on the desktop.
2. Find the deleted Word file and right-click it to choose Restore.
3. Then you can go to the original location to check your Word files.
To recover deleted Word document not in Recycle Bin, you can refer to the first solution to use a professional file recovery tool.
Way 3. Recover Word files after crash with AutoRecover
Maybe you can use a Microsoft built-in feature to recover Word files - AutoRecover. It will help you save your file automatically every few minutes. You may ask where can I find temporary Word files? If you have enabled this feature before, you can refer to the following steps. If not, the data recovery software is more suitable for you.
1. Open Microsoft Word and click the File tab on the top menu.
2. Go to click on Info > Manage Documents to choose Recover Unsaved Documents.
3. Find the Word file that needs to be recovered and select Open.
4. Choose Save As on the pop-up banner to recover your Word file.
Way 4. Recover Word files after crash from backups
How to recover unsaved Word document after crash? If you have enabled the backup feature in Word, it is possible for you to recover Word files from backup files. And your lost Word files will be saved as a .wbk extension. Here are the steps to recover Word files from backups:
1. Check if you have turned on the backup feature: go to File > Options > Advanced > Save > Always create a backup copy. If you have ticked it, continue to the next step. If not, please switch to another solution like data recovery software.
2. Open File Explorer to search for .wbk. Then you can see your lost Word files here. Double click on it to save it on your PC.
Written in the end
To solve how to recover Word files after crash, we prepared 4 useful methods here. You can go to check the Recycle Bin first, or you can try recovering Word files from backups or via the built-in AutoRecover feature. The best Word document recovery software - MyRecover is also introduced here. If you want to know how do you recover files that didn’t save and need a fast and easy way, try it directly and you can recover your Word files at a high speed.