6 Ways to Recover Deleted DjVu Files
Losing DjVu files can be a distressing experience. But it’s possible to recover deleted DjVu files and there are 6 effective SWF file recovery methods.
Imagine you were working on an important project, and you accidentally deleted a crucial DjVu file. You might feel panicked, especially since you don't know if it is recoverable or not.
Fortunately, in this article, we will show you the possible reasons and explore various methods to recover deleted DjVu files. We will guide you through every step without any technical knowledge.
What Is a DjVu File?
DjVu (.DjVu or .djv) is a specialized image file, developed by Telecommunications giant AT&T in 1996, primarily used for scanned documents and ebooks including photographs, text, color images, and line drawings. It’s typically divided into three layers: foreground, background, and black-and-white mask.
The DjVu file is able to minimize space usage to store all information. So it’s commonly used in digital libraries and for sharing scanned documents online. In addition, its high compression ratios make it ideal for storing high-resolution images and text, such as books, magazines, comics, catalogs, etc.
Common Reasons for DjVu File Deletion
Accidents happen, and files may get deleted unintentionally. Some common reasons for DjVu file deletion include:
1. Accidental Deletion: Mistakenly pressing the Delete button while organizing files or in other scenarios leads to the loss of important DjVu files.
2. Formatting: While being asked to format the disk before you can use it, you subconsciously click the Format disk option without double-checking.
3. Virus and Malware Attacks: Harmful viruses or malware can corrupt or delete files on your system, including DjVu files.
4. Software or Hardware Issues: Software glitches or hardware malfunctions can result in DjVu file loss or damage.
5. System Crashes: Unexpected system crashes can cause data loss, including DjVu files if they are on the system partition.
Recover DjVu Files from Windows Recycle Bin
In the Windows operating system, when you delete a file, it is often sent to the Recycle Bin and remains for a period of time. If you find your DjVu files are deleted by mistake, check if it is there. If yes, try to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin.
Step 1. Open the Recycle Bin on your desktop by double-clicking the icon.
Step 2. Locate the deleted DjVu file in the Recycle Bin.
Step 3. Right-click on the DjVu file and select Restore. The file will be restored to its original location, and you should be able to access it once again.
Retrieve Deleted DjVu Files Using Backup
If you have been proactive in maintaining backups of your files, recovering deleted DjVu files becomes a breeze. Try to retrieve deleted DjVu files from backup software, such as File History or Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
Step 1. Type file history in the search box and select Restore your files with file history.
Step 2. In the Control Panel, check if File History is on and select Restore personal files.
Step 3. Browse the most recent backup for deleted DjVu files. Then, select it and click Restore.
Recover Deleted DjVu Files with Professional Software
If your DjVu files are deleted permanently but without backup, it will be a wise choice to get back them quickly with the help of professional data recovery software. We recommend you use MyRecover to scan your storage device thoroughly in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Windows 11, etc. and search all the deleted or lost DjVu files for recovery.
- Retrieve deleted or lost DjVu in any scenario, such as accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection, etc.
- Support a wide range of file types and 200+ file formats, including DjVu, TPL, VWX, LAB, etc.
- Filter file types like images, videos, documents, etc. quickly. You can also set the date modified and size.
- Keep your DjVu files with their original file name, path, format, and quality, depending on the storage device you are using.
- Multiple storage devices compatible, including internal or external disk, USB drive, memory card, etc.
In addition, the software does not require technical expertise and is friendly to novices, making the recovery process seamless. Please download this professional Windows data recovery software to have a try!
Step 1. Launch Windows data recovery software - MyRecover. Then, select your disk and click Start Scan.
Step 2. It will run Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically to find out all the deleted DjVu files. To locate them quickly, use the Filter feature or go to the original location in the left panel.
Step 3. Select your desired files and then click Recover x files to recover deleted DjVu files. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location to prevent potential data overwriting.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- You can perform DjVu file recovery for free, up to 30MB. Once exceeded, please upgrade to the advanced editions.
- In addition, you still can use this software to recover different file types, such as recover deleted X3F, 3FR, WMV, DBF, ASPX, LAB, etc.
If you fail to recover deleted TPL files using software or the situation is complex, it's wise to seek help from data recovery services, such as CBL, Ontrack, Geek Squad, etc. They usually employ experienced specialists and own advanced equipment to handle even the most challenging data recovery scenarios.
Manual DjVu File Recovery Methods Worth Trying
In addition, there are some manual methods to recover deleted DjVu files. Try them if you want to try some more before paying for software or services. Please backup your folder containing deleted DjVu files as the success rate gradually decreases with each attempt.
Way 1: Recover DjVu from Temporary Files
Sometimes, temporary files created during editing or viewing DjVu files can be recovered:
Step 1. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, type %temp% and press Enter to access the temporary files folder.
Step 2. Look for the temporary DjVu file with a name similar to the deleted files and copy it to a safe location.
Step 3. Open it and check if the deleted DjVu files. Then, rename it with the .djvu extension.
Way 2: Restore DjVu Files from Previous Versions
Windows systems often create a previous version of files if you enable System Restore or File History feature and save them to a specific location. Try to restore deleted DjVu files from its previous version:
Step 1. Right-click on the folder where the deleted DjVu file was located and select Restore Previous Versions.
Step 2. A list of available previous versions will appear. Check the most recent version based on the date.
Step 3. Choose the version before the DjVu file was deleted and click Restore to recover deleted DjVu files.
Way 3: Retrieve Deleted DjVu Files using CHKDSK
In addition, if your files are not deleted but hidden, you can also use the chkdsk command to show hidden DjVu files. It also helps to mark bad sectors as unusable and recover readable information.
Step 1. Press Win + R to open the Run dialog box, type cmd, and select Run as administrator.
Step 2. In the command prompt window, type chkdsk *: /f /r /x and press Enter.
Step 3. Wait for the scanning process to complete and possibly recover some deleted DjVu files.
Tips to Prevent DjVu File Loss
The deleted files are only recoverable if they are not overwritten. So you may not be able to recover all of your files every time. To keep them always safe, you’d better take some necessary precautions.
1. Regular Backups: Always keep a backup of your important files and save them on two different locations, such as an external drive, cloud storage, or other reliable storage devices. So you always have a backup copy in any disaster. Try Windows backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard!
2. Be Cautious When Deleting: Double-check before deleting any files to prevent accidental loss.
3. Avoid using the Full Format Method: This format method will delete files on your storage device and overwrite them completely, making data recovery more challenging.
4. Invest a High-Quality Devices: In contrast, high-quality storage devices are less likely to lose data due to hardware problems. It’s suggested to purchase storage devices of well-known brands.
5. Use Antivirus Software: Install reputable antivirus software to protect your system from viruses and malware, which may result in the loss of DjVu files. You can also directly use the built-in Windows Defender.
Losing important DjVu files can be a nerve-wracking experience, but with the right methods, you can recover deleted DjVu files successfully. Remember to act promptly, use reliable data recovery software, and consider manual recovery methods if you want to try a few more times.
However, these methods can't guarantee to recover all of your files every time. So we recommend you take some necessary preventive measures to protect your DjVu files from unexpected accidents.
1. Can I recover a DjVu file if it was deleted a long time ago?
2. Will data recovery software harm my computer?
3. Can I recover DjVu files from a corrupted hard drive?
4. How can I create a backup of my DjVu files?
5. How to recover deleted SWF files on Mac
1. Press the command button and tap the space key to open Spotlight. Then, type time machine and press Return.
2. Navigate to the folder containing your deleted DjVu files and locate your backup images.
3. Select the DjVu files you want to recover and click the Restore button.