Complete Guide to Recover Data from Crucial M4 SSD
If you are experiencing data loss on Crucial M4 SSD, keep reading this article to discover common causes and learn simple steps to recover data from Crucial M4 SSD. Prevention tips are also included.
Crucial M4 SSD Data Recovery Issue
"Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. My Crucial M4 SSD just crashed, and I'm freaking out about my data. Has anyone successfully recovered data from a Crucial M4 SSD before? If so, what recovery software did you use? I'm running it on a Windows 10 laptop, and I really need to get back my important files. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!"
With its high capacity, fast transfer speeds, and reliability, Crucial M4 SSDs are one of the best storage devices for storing data such as documents, family photos, videos, and more. However, they are not immune to data loss. You may be wondering if your data is unrecoverable.
In most cases, the data is recoverable unless they are overwritten or you discover data loss after a long time. This article will introduce you to the possible reasons and most effective ways to recover data from Crucial M4 SSD.
★ More about Crucial M4 SSD: As in standard, the Crucial M4 SSD is a 9.5mm, 2.5-inch form factor with SATA 3Gbps. It also offers SATA 6Gbps connector options. Its capacities of it range from 64GB to 512GB. In addition, It works on the same principle as RAID and has an impressive mean failure time of 1.2 million hours.
Common Causes Behind Data Loss on Crucial M4 SSD
Before starting Crucial M4 data recovery, it's essential to get the potential causes of data loss from the Crucial M4 SSD. This will give you some clues to recover data and prevent further loss. We collect some of the possible reasons below:
1. Accidentally Deleted Files or Format Partitions
Sometimes, you may delete files or format the entire partition (eg: Windows ask you to format the disk before using it), even without recognizing it, eventually resulting in data loss. Please stop using this drive immediately and start data recovery as soon as possible. The best way is to use third-party software.
2. Logical Failure Crashes
Abruptly removing a drive during data transfer or other processes, or experiencing sudden power crashes can lead to logical failures, resulting in data loss. So a software-based Crucial M4 SSD recovery tool become indispensable in such scenarios.
3. File System Corruption
File system corruption can also cause data loss, for example, a corrupted file with broken links or file links, on the Crucial M4 SSD, which makes your drive become inaccessible. If you try to access it or perform any operation on this disk, your data may disappear forever.
4. Virus or Malware Infections
Viruses and malware pose a significant threat to data on any disk, Crucial M4 SSD, for example. They will corrupt the file systems and cause damage to partitions, ultimately leading to data loss. So it’s necessary to use reliable antivirus software to remove these threats and then employ professional data recovery software to regain your precious data.
5. Drive corruption
Physical damage, primarily to the disk processor or controller, will cause drive corruption and data loss. It is responsible for extracting, translating, and transmitting data to the SATA interface and presenting data on this drive. Recovering data from this situation requires specialized software and hardware expertise. Seek help from data recovery services, such as Geek Squad.
How to Recover Data from Crucial M4 SSD Effortlessly
In fact, there is more than one way to perform data recovery on Crucial M4 SSD. However, any manipulation of the disk at this point may lead to further data loss. So, we recommend trying the most effective method directly. It’s using third-party data recovery software.
Most Effective Crucial M4 SSD Recovery Tool - MyRecover
As a reliable and feature-rich third-party data recovery software, MyRecover provides powerful recovery functions to recover deleted or lost data from Crucial M4 SSD in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc, and Windows Server. It also applies to Seagate Barracuda, Samsung PM863, WD Elements, etc.
Key features of this software include:
- Two advanced scanning methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It will scan and search for deleted or lost data in Crucial M4 quickly and deeply.
- 200+ file types: recover documents (eg: recover Word documents), images, audio files,videos, and more, in different formats.
- Extensive device compatibility: retrieve data from internal or external disk, USB drive, SD card, etc.
- Multiple data loss scenarios: deal with accidental deletion, formatting, virus attacks, file system corruption, partition issues, system crashes, etc.
- Complete recovery: recover all the files in Crucial M4 completely without losing quality.
Perform Crucial M4 SSD Data Recovery Step by Step
Step 1: Download and install the best data recovery software - MyRecover. Launch it and select the Crucial M4 SSD disk. Then, click Start Scan.
Step 2: It will run two advanced scanning methods automatically and display all the deleted or lost files on the selected disk. You can filter and preview files in the following two methods:
- Click Filter and select a file type, such as Videos.
- Expand the Other Missing Files tab and go to the folder containing deleted or lost files.
Step 3: Select all the deleted or lost files on the Crucial M4 SSD disk and click the Recover x files button. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location to prevent potential data overwriting.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- You can perform Crucial M4 data recovery for free, up to 30MB each time. To recover all files, please upgrade to the advanced editions.
- In addition, you still can use this software to recover WD Elements drive and other disk brands, such as, Seagate, Samsung, SanDisk, etc.
How to Prevent Data Loss from Crucial M4 SSD
While understanding the causes of data loss behind Crucial M4 SSD and employing data recovery software to recover data are crucial, it’s equally important to take some preventive measures to avoid future data loss. You could consider the following recommendations:
1. Back up Your Data Regularly
Data loss may happen at any time, even without warning. So if you don’t want to lose them, regular backups are essential. It will include a copy of your files currently on this drive and newly added or changed data in the future. So you need complete Windows backup software, such as AOMEI Backupper Standard.
- Its File Backup allows you to backup any files, such as documents, audio, videos, etc as long as the drive is accessible. You can then restore them in a disaster.
- With Schedule Backup, you are able to backup files regularly, such as, daily, weekly, monthly, and more.
- By default, this software backup only changed files with incremental backup after the first full backup. It will greatly reduce backup time and save disk space.
- It supports a wide range of storage, such as internal or external disks, network drives, share or NAS drives, cloud drives, flash drives, etc.
2. Turn on Anti-virus Software
Malware or viruses are a major threat to data loss on a disk-like Crucial M4. It can host to your disk while you are browsing an unofficial or risky website, or click on any suspicious email link. Without antivirus software, you may not be able to recognize it unless you recognize data loss. The simplest way is to turn Window Defender on. If you want more specialized software, try software from a third party.
3. Make Sure Your Disk Always Update
Sometimes, when you try to access a disk, it tells you “G: \ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system.”, “You need to format the disk in drive D: before you can use it.”, etc. Sometimes, this may be due to incompatible or RAW file systems, missing drive letters, outdated drivers, firmware issues, etc. To avoid any disk errors, please check these issues and update them regularly.
4. Be More Careful with Your Disk
The fact is that there are many potential causes of data loss. To protect them safely, you need to be more careful with your disks, such as avoiding dropping the disk on the floor, don’t keep it in extreme temperatures, double-checking before deleting or formatting, don’t write new data to your disk after data loss, etc.