How to Recover Data from WD Elements Drive Safely
MyRecover, a safe & reliable WD Elements recovery tool, is able to help you recover deleted files from WD hard drive easily and quickly. Try it now!
Can I Recover Files from a 2TB WD Elements External Hard Drive
“I have a WD ELEMENTS (pocket) drive. I dropped it off my Windows 10. After that, the transfer speed slowed down and became zero. Finally, my videos disappeared from my computer. Can I recover data from my WD Elements drive? All these data are really important to me.”
Like other WD disks, such as WD My Passport, WD Elements can cause data loss and there are many possible reasons behind it. However, there is no need to worry. In most cases, the data is recoverable as long as it’s not overwritten.
We suggest you stop using this WD Elements drive immediately. At the same time, don’t add new data to this disk or reformat it, even if you are asked to format the disk before using it. You can then find a safe & reliable data recovery software and start WD Elements recovery as soon as possible.
Why Does Data Loss Occur on WD Elements?
Speaking of the reasons, accidental or intentional deletion will be a major cause. All the deleted files will be moved to Recycle Bin folder. So please check and recover deleted files from Recycle Bin.
If not, there is a chance your files are hidden. You can go to File Explorer and show hidden files or folders in the Folder options window.
If your files are still not showing up on the WD Elements drive, the cause may be power outages, unexpected shutdown, accidental formatting, malware or virus attack, disk errors, etc
The Best WD Element Recovery Tool - MyRecover
MyRecover is a safe & reliable WD Elements recovery tool in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc and Windows Server. It has fast scanning methods and deal with all-inclusive data loss scenarios well, with a high success rate of up to 95%.
- Two advanced scanning methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It will scan and search for deleted or lost data in WD Elements quickly and deeply.
- 200+ file types: recover deleted Word/Excel/PPT documents, images, audio files,videos, and more, from your WD Elements drive.
- Different storage device compatible: supports all series of WD disks, such as WD Elements, WD My Passport, WD My Book, and other disk brands like Samsung, Seagate, Iomega, etc.
- Complete recovery: recover all the found files completely without losing quality.
Now please download this data recovery software. Connect the WD Elements disk and be sure it’s recognized by your Windows system. You can then follow the steps below to perform WD Elements data recovery.
Step-by-Step Guide to Recover WD Elements Drive and Data
Step 1: Install and launch this powerful data recovery software - MyRecover. Select the WD Elements drive and click the Start Scan button.
Step 2: It will run two advanced scanning methods automatically and display all the found files on the selected WD Elements disk. You can filter and preview files in the WD Elements disk. Here are two methods:
- Click Filter and select a file type, such as Documents.
- Expand the Deleted Files, Recycle Bin, or Other Missing Files tab and go to the folder containing deleted or lost files.
Step 3: Select all the deleted or lost files on the WD Elements disk and click the Recover x files button. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- Saving the recovered files to their original location may cause data corruption or further data loss.
- You can perform WD Elements hard drive data recovery for free, up to 30MB each time. To recover all files, try advanced editions.
If you require data recovery assistance for other disk brands, refer to the following solutions:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How to recover data from WD hard disk not detecting?
While you are not able to access the WD disk, data recovery software like MyRecover can search and recover data from it. You can try the following steps:
- Select the WD disk and click the Start Scan button.
- Wait until the scanning process is complete and select the deleted or lost files to recover.
- Then, confirm all the selected files and click Recover xxx files.
- Finally, select a new location to store the recovered files.
- To be sure data safety, you need to check the recovered files in the location where you save them.
Q2: How do I fix a corrupted WD external hard drive?
The easiest method is to try a different USB port or cable or connect it to another machine. If your WD disk is still not showing up, try to change the WD disk drive letter, use chkdsk command, format disk, etc. This process may cause data loss, so please recover data from WD external disk first.
Q3: Why is WD external disk not showing up in Disk Management?
If your WD external disk is not showing up in Disk Management, the cause may be connection issues, corrupted file systems, outdated drivers, bad sectors, etc.
With the assistant of WD Elements recovery tool, you can easily recover WD Elements drive and data in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc. It is able to handle different data loss scenarios and recover 200+ file types with a high success rate, up to 95%. It also applies to recover deleted files from flash drive, SD card, etc.
But this is not a 100% guarantee, especially if your files have been deleted for a long time. They are likely to be overwritten, making data recovery seem impossible. So to make sure your data are always safe, it’s recommend you to backup them regularly with a free Windows backup software like AOMEI Backupper Standard.