How to Recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10 [Complete Guide]
How to recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10? On this page, we offer several methods for restoring Recycle Bin icon and restoring Recycle Bin files on Windows. We also present ways to recover files after emptying Recycle Bin.
How do I recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
A couple of days ago, I deleted some photos that were really important to me from my PC (Windows 10) and I'd like to retrieve them. Can I recover deleted files from Recycle Bin? How to recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10?
When you accidentally delete important data from Windows, where to find deleted files? Generally, Windows systems come with a recycle bin for users to temporarily save files deleted from the computer hard drives. The Recycle Bin is a system folder and files stored in the Recycle Bin can be recovered or deleted permanently.
Some users may find that Windows 10 does not have Recycle Bin. This may be because the Recycle Bin is hidden from the desktop. You can get back the Recycle Bin icon by following the guide below.
How to recover Recycle Bin icon in Windows 10
1. Click on the Windows Start button > Select Settings > Choose Personalization.
2. Head to Themes and scroll through to tap Desktop icon settings.
3. Select the checkbox labeled Recycle Bin and hit Apply.
How to recover Recycle Bin files in Windows 10
For mistakenly deleted data, recovering files from the Recycle Bin should be the first file recovery method you should try. Here's a complete guide on how to recover deleted items from Recycle Bin on Windows 10.
1. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop and locate the files you need to recover.
2. Right-click these files and select the Restore option. Then, the files will go back to the location where they were deleted.
How to recover emptied Recycle Bin in Windows 10
Recovering files from Recycle Bin may not work for you to take back data if the Recycle Bin is emptied or you have deleted files from the Recycle Bin. The caveat is that, in addition to the Recycle Bin being emptied, the following reasons may also cause files to be permanently deleted instead of being stored in the Recycle Bin:
- You use the "Shift + Delete" shortcut or the command prompt to delete files.
- Recycle Bin is disabled on Windows 10 or the deleted files exceed the capacity of Recycle Bin.
- Files are deleted from a USB flash drive, SD memory card, or other external hard drives instead of local disks.
How to recover Recycle Bin deleted files in Windows 10? We are here to introduce 3 solutions that can help you recover files after the Recycle Bin has been emptied.
Way 1. Recover Recycle Bin deleted files with Previous Versions
Previous Versions is a Windows 10 built-in feature that allows you to recover lost, deleted, or damaged files using File Explorer. Previous Versions are usually copies of files and folders created automatically when you utilize the shadow copy service to configure a restore point for the Windows system.
How to get shift deleted files in Windows 10? You can use the following tutorial:
1. Open File Explorer on your PC and navigate to the folder where your files get lost.
2. Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions.
3. Choose an appropriate version and click Restore to recover permanently deleted folders and files to the original location.
Way 2. Recover files from emptied Recycle Bin with Windows backup
Another simple way to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10 will be through a Windows backup file. If you have set up auto backups of Windows files with Backup and Restore, this tool will copy data to the storage space you chose regularly. When needed, you can easily get your deleted files back.
You can refer to the following guide to learn how to recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10 after empty using a Windows backup:
1. Type “control panel” in the search box and select Control Panel in the results.
2. Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7) in the System and Security tab.
3. Select Restore my files in the Restore section, then locate your wanted files and recover them easily.
Way 3. Recover deleted Recycle Bin files with data recovery tool
The quickest and most commonly-used way to recover Recycle Bin after emptying is to use a Windows data recovery tool. MyRecover is a professional data recovery wizard that can help you recover recently and permanently deleted files from emptied Recycle Bin with a few clicks.
MyRecover applies a combination of deep scan and quick scan methods to check your deleted and lost files, and it allows you to preview files before recovering them. This tool can work on not only Windows 10 but also Windows 7/8 and the latest Windows 11, and it is also compatible with various Windows Servers.
How to get files back after emptying trash on Windows 10? Do the following as instructed:
1. Download and install MyRecover on your PC. Run it, select the drive where you lose your data, and click on Start Scan.
2. This tool will scan the select disk or partition for all lost files. You can search the file names or use a file type filter to find the files you want quickly.
3. Tap on Recycle Bin in the left panel and select the items you want, click Recover x files, and browse a location to save restored files.
Have you worked out how to recover Recycle Bin in Windows 10 after getting through the content above? You can easily recover data from Recycle Bin to get back your accidentally deleted files. If you have cleared the Recycle Bin, using powerful data recovery software like ADR for Windows is the fastest and easiest way to recover lost data on Windows.