How to Recover Lost Saved Game Data on PS5?
How to recover lost saved game data on PS5? If you want your lost game data back, this article with much detailed info will be worth reading and helpful.
How do I get my saved game data back on PS5?
PlayStation 5 is a home video game console developed by Sony. As one of the 9th generation of video game consoles, PS5 wins a shining reputation and popularity from players all around the world.
With more and more games downloaded, players will notice that the storage space isn’t enough and naturally try to enrich the storage space or clone to a large one; e.g., some PS3 users will change PS3 Slim hard drive to a larger one.
What’s more, while playing games, players are meeting severer problems or disasters – data loss.
For instance, users may lose their screenshots, replays, and specific game data. Plenty of players are forced to lose their hours and days of playing and start the game from the very beginning.
Deleted save on PS5 - any way to recover it?
My daughter accidentally deleted her save that she had spent over 100 hours on. It’s a second account on PS5 but is not connected to the cloud as I have to purchase a second PS Plus account. Is there any way to recover the save file?
- Question from Stardew Valley Forums
Players may have accidentally deleted their saved data from the Console Storage or the Cloud Storage. But don’t be worried; this post will teach you how to get back saved data on PS5.
How to recover lost saved game data on PS5?
There are 2 common methods to restore saved data on PS5. You could also turn to third-party tools to get back your precious game data if they fail.
Method 1. Restore lost saved game data from Cloud Storage
Uploading saves to Cloud Storage is a good way to back up PS4/PS5 game save data to the cloud and keep them safe. PS5 offers PlayStation Plus cloud storage for PS5 consoles.
The game data can automatically sync to the cloud; thus, when you close your game, or the console is put in rest mode, you won’t lose your game data and can get back to where you have left.
If data loss happens, you could download data to console storage from there.
- The process of downloading saved data will overwrite the current data.
Step 1. Turn to Settings > select Saved Data and Game/App Settings > choose Saved Data (PS5) > choose Cloud Storage.
Step 2. Download to Console Storage > choose the target game > Download.
Step 3. Then Sync Saved Data to get your wanted data back.
Method 2. Restore PS5 console data from the USB backup
If there isn’t enough cloud storage space for you to back up your game data, you could also prepare a USB storage device to keep your game files. For example, some PS4 users will back up PS4 to external hard drives.
- Make sure you have a backup made in advance to restore from.
Step 1. Connect the USB to your PS5 console.
Step 2. Go to Settings > System > System Software > Backup and Restore > Restore PS5.
Step 3. Choose the target game data > Restore > wait for the console to restart.
Method 3. Recover lost game data on PS5 without backups
As shown in the user case part, a great bunch of users haven’t backed up their game data to the cloud storage nor made a local backup.
In this case, how to recover lost saved game data on PS5? With the use of a practical Windows data recovery application, it won’t be a difficult task.
MyRecover is a recommended choice. With the help of its effective scanning techniques and algorithms, all users and players can quickly get their files back after data loss.
- Comprehensive. Recover data lost due to deleting, formatting, system crash, virus, etc., from an internal or external HDD, SSD, USB drive, SD card, etc.
- Convenient. Support the recovery of lost data using the original filename, format, and directory.
- Efficient. 200+ different categories of recoverable data, such as pictures, movies, office documents, compressed files, etc.
- Compatible. Support Windows Server and Windows 11/10/8/7 SP1.
- It automatically performs Quick Scan and Deep Scan on your hard drives to look for deleted files and any missing files.
Step 1. Please carefully take out the PS5 hard drive and connect it to the PC.
Step 2. Download and start the app > select the connected external hard drive > click Start Scan.
Step 3. During scanning, you can sort the scanned files by Size, Type, Date modified, etc.
Step 4. Go to Other missing files > navigate to the exact file type you need, e.g., Photos, to find your wanted screenshots > choose files > Recover x files.
This tool can also help you when you don’t know where are League replays saved and find they might be lost or deleted.
After learning how to recover lost saved game data on PS5, it is necessary to take some actions to prevent you from falling into the same data loss plight.
Here are some suggestions ready for you.
- Check if your game data has been synced to the cloud after quitting.
- Upgrade the game and console timely to get rid of errors.
- Exit the game manually, and do not leave it in rest mode if you meet data loss after using the rest mode.
- Back up important files regularly to keep your data safe. Using a professional data backup tool for Windows will be preferable.