How to Recover Deleted Photos from Fujifilm Cameras?
Learn to recover deleted photos from Fujifilm cameras via a powerful SD card photo recovery tool in this passage. Besides, there’re relevant tips about RAF file recovery.
- Can you recover deleted photos from Fujifilm cameras?
- Possible Fujifilm camera data loss reasons
- Useful tips to improve Fujifilm camera photo recovery
- How to recover deleted photos from Fujifilm camera SD cards?
- How do I open a RAF image?
- Related Q&A about RAF file recovery
Can you recover deleted photos from Fujifilm cameras?
Fujifilm, a leading player in the camera industry, has been pioneering image-capturing technology since the mid-1900s. The past decades have seen Fujifilm cameras become renowned because of their affordable prices, exceptional manual exposure controls, and superb lenses.
However, like its competitors, Fujifilm cameras are not immune to data loss caused by accidental deletion, file corruption, and other factors.
Hi! I accidentally deleted photos from the SD card on my Fuji X100f. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? How do I recover deleted photos from my Fujifilm camera? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
-A user from DP Review
Please be relaxed because it’s possible to recover deleted photos from Fujifilm cameras.
What is the Fujifilm raw image format?
Besides, Fujifilm cameras save their images in a unique raw image format called RAF. This format is specific to Fujifilm digital cameras and contains unprocessed image data, allowing for greater flexibility and control during post-processing.
RAF files also store image data exactly how the camera’s sensor captured it along with metadata such as camera settings and format version. Sometimes, RAF files might even include a companion .JPG version of the image for quick previewing. In brief, it is a powerful format that gives photographers more control over their images.
Possible Fujifilm camera data loss reasons
Many factors can cause deletion or photos to disappear from camera SD cards.
However, Fujifilm photo data recovery can become challenging or even impossible if your storage device is physically damaged, fully formatted, or subjected to other scenarios resulting in permanent loss of images.
Let’s get an overview of the following possible data loss reasons first.
✎ Accidental deletion: Deletion (especially for accidental deletion) is the most inevitable scenario as you browse/organize images via your Fujifilm digital camera.
✎ Fujifilm camera firmware corruption: Firmware is essential to the Fujifilm camera’s hardware. Without firmware, your camera cannot perform its basic operations. It can be caused by firmware update interruption, power surges, electrostatic discharge damage, actuator head failures, etc.
✎ Accidental formatting: Formatting involves the process of rejuvenating the file system used by your SD card. So does formatting SD card delete everything? Of course, it does. But it’s possible to recover data from Fujifilm camera SD cards after a quick format as long as there’s overwritten data.
✎ Errors with photo transfer from Fujifilm cameras to PC: During the transfer process, power failure, file corruption, incomplete transfers, unstable connection issues, or compatibility issues between the camera and the computer are responsible for camera photo loss.
✎ Virus or malware attacks: Sometimes, viruses and malware also cause Fujifilm photo loss.
Useful tips to improve Fujifilm camera photo recovery
If you discover that you’ve lost files from your camera, it’s crucial to refrain from taking new photos immediately because newly added RAF images could increase the risk of overwriting files, making deleted/missing RAF files irretrievable.
If needed, please refer to the following pertinent suggestions to maximize your chances of data retrieval.
◆ Please don’t attempt to fix damaged hardware by yourself and avoid physical tampering with the device as it can lead to further damage.
◆ Please label your SD cards and avoid disk formatting without confirming their contents.
◆ Don’t rebuild the partition table without expertise because it may potentially worsen the situation.
◆ Update your firmware because the latest firmware keeps your Fujifilm camera become compatible and protected.
◆ Make a file backup to protect your existing Fujifilm camera pictures.
By following these precautions, you can minimize the risk of exacerbating data loss or hardware issues. But for deleted Fujifilm RAF pictures, it’s advisable to seek professional assistance.
How to recover deleted photos from Fujifilm camera SD cards?
Is there a way to recover deleted photos from SD cards? Without backups, it’s advisable to utilize powerful SD card photo recovery software to recover deleted Fujifilm camera pictures.
MyRecover is a professional data recovery program renowned for its high data recovery rate, user-friendly and intuitive interface, good compatibility, etc.
It supports Fujifilm and SanDisk SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards frequently used in Fujifilm cameras.
With the help of MyRecover, you can recover deleted/missing camera pictures (Fujifilm RAF, Sony ARW, Canon CR3, Nikon NEF, Olympus ORF, etc.) from the above & other brands of SD cards.
SD Card Photo Recovery Software:
- High-efficiency: Recover about 50 types of photos (JPG, PNG, GIF, MPO, etc.), videos (MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, WebM, etc.), MS Office and WPS files, folders, compressed files, audio, songs, and websites from SD cards, HDDs, USB sticks, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed files.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems and be compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Sever PC.
- Please save your recovered Fujifilm RAF files in another path instead of the original SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards.
- MyRecover offers unlimited times for you to recover 30 MB of files for free. You don’t have to pay for it if you only need to recover a single Fujifilm RAF file within a file size limit of 30 MB.
- Please consider upgrading MyRecover to recover a large number of deleted/missing files from local drives if you prefer a more cost-effective plan.
Step 1. Connect the SD card to your Windows via a card reader > launch MyRecover > select your connected SD card > click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover can automatically scan your SD card and display all the recoverable files.
To save time and quickly locate your wanted Fujifilm pictures, please preview and filter images according to Document Type, Filename, Path, Date, Size, etc.
- Name: Type the filenames of your desired files to narrow the search area.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Under the Other Missing Files folder, select the Fuji camera photos you prefer. Then click Recover x files.
How do I open a RAF image?
Can I open RAF files in Lightroom? Of course, you can.
But the best option is Fujifilm image-viewing and editing software such as X RAW STUDIO and RAW FILE CONVERTER EX because it supports all the Fujifilm camera models that capture RAF images.
Other third-party apps such as Microsoft Photos with the RAW Image Extension, Corel PaintShop Pro 2023, Adobe Photoshop 2023, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe DNG Converter, and File Viewer Plus also can help Windows users open RAF files.
Let’s demonstrate how to open Fuji camera photos via Microsoft Photos with the RAW Image Extension.
- The RAW Image Extension adds native viewing support for images saved in raw file formats produced by many mid-to-high-end digital cameras. By installing this package, you’re permitted to view thumbnails and metadata of supported raw file formats in File Explorer or view images using Microsoft Photos.
» Connect your Fujifilm camera SD card to the Windows PC > right-click on your saved RAF pictures > select Open with > Photos.
Similarly, Mac users can try the following photo-editing tools.
- Fujifilm X RAW STUDIO
- Apple Preview
- Apple Photos
- Adobe Photoshop 2023
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe DNG Converter
- MacPhun ColorStrokes
Moreover, there’re relevant RAF file recovery tips and data loss prevention suggestions for you.
Related Q&A about RAF file recovery
How to recover deleted photos from Fujifilm cameras? You can restore RAF files from file backups or use professional data recovery software like MyRecover to retrieve them.