Fix “File Automatically Deleted After Download” Efficiently
This post will tell you how to fix file automatically deleted after download. And 3 ways to recover deleted files are also provided.
Why did my files get deleted?
It is common for you to download files on your computer, which brings lots of convenience to you. However, you may encounter the file automatically deleted after download issue that bothers you a lot. So, why did your files get deleted?
Your files will not disappear for no reason. File corruption, malware, overprotecting feature, etc. can cause accidental file deletion. Among them, there are 3 most common causes in Windows operating systems: Storage sense, Windows Defender, and faulty Windows updates.
If you want to know how to fix my computer automatically deletes files, read on to get more information.
How do I stop my downloads from automatically deleting?
After knowing why your downloads deleted automatically, let’s talk about how to stop downloads from automatically deleting. For the 3 common causes in Windows systems, we prepared 3 solutions to them. You can try them to fix the issue after reading.
Solution 1. Prevent Windows Defender from deleting files
It is possible that Windows Defender automatically deleted files. To stop Windows Defender from deleting your files, you can go to exclude files from it:
1. Click the Start icon > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security to open Windows Defender Security Center.
2. Click on Virus & threat protection setting > Manage settings.
3. Under Exclusions, choose Add or remove exclusions.
4. Click on + Add an exclusion and choose file that you do not want Windows Defender to delete automatically.
After the above, Windows Defender will not delete the selected files automatically.
Solution 2. Turn Storage sense off
Storage Sense is a new feature built in Windows 10 and Windows 11, which will automatically delete your files when the disk storage is low. If you find your downloaded files getting deleted automatically in Windows 10 or Windows 11, maybe you can turn Storage sense off to fix it.
1. In the Windows Settings page, press System > Storage.
2. Turn off the switch under the Storage sense tab.
Solution 3. Uninstall recent update
When the Windows update on your computer is faulty, it is possible that your downloaded files get deleted automatically. So if you have upgraded the operating system on your computer recently, please try uninstalling it to fix such a problem.
1. In Windows Settings window, choose Update & Security > Windows Update > View update history.
2. Select the Uninstall updates option here.
3. Locate the recent update and right-click on it to choose Uninstall.
How to recover deleted files after download
Once you meet the file automatically deleted after download issue, the first thing you want to do is to find deleted files quickly. To get your deleted files back, we prepared 3 different solutions and you can make your own decision after comparison.
Way 1. Recover deleted files after download effectively
If you want to find and recover your deleted files quickly and easily, we highly recommend you professional data recovery software MyRecover. It is an outstanding file recovery tool and you can use it to recover your files with easy steps.
- MyRecover supports to recover 200+ types of data including files, folders, pictures, videos, audios, emails, and more.
- The recovery rate and recovery speed in MyRecover is high.
- Data in any device storage can be recovered like local drives, external hard drives, SD cards, USB flash drives, etc.
- Multiple scanning methods are provided including Deep Scan and Quick Scan.
Now, let’s recover your deleted files after download fast via MyRecover. First, please download and install the MyRecover desktop client on your computer.
1. Run MyRecover, and choose the partition or disk where your files were stored before. Next, press Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see all deleted files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically by MyRecover.
3. After confirming the scanning result, you can pick a new location to save your recovered files. At last, click on the Recover X files button to recover your deleted files after download immediately.
Way 2. Recover deleted files after download in Recycle Bin
Fortunately, your deleted files will be moved to Recycle Bin on your computer after deletion. You can go to open Recycle Bin on the desktop to find your deleted file. If it exists here, right-click on it to choose Restore, then it will be recovered from Recycle Bin.
Way 3. Recover deleted files from Quarantine Section
If your downloaded files deleted automatically because they are regarded as malware or virus by Windows operating system after download, you can try recovering them from Quarantine Section by following the steps:
1. Open Windows Settings and go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection history.
2. Press Filters and click on Quarantined items in the pop-up menu. Then select your deleted files and choose a storage path for them after Windows automatically deleting files.
The bottom line
There are 3 useful ways to solve the “file automatically deleted after download” issue. In addition, 3 solutions to how to find downloads and recover them effectively. Even though your files are deleted permanently, a professional file recovery tool called MyRecover can help you to get them back.