Fallout 4 Saves Disappeared on PC: How to Fix it Quickly?
On this page, we are talking about how to fix the Fallout 4 saves disappeared on PC error. 4 different and effective ways to recover disappeared data are introduced in detail one by one.
Can you recover deleted saves in Fallout 4?
Apparently, I accidentally deleted my last save, then after some nuke-killing testing on my whole settlement, tried to load and thought it was a glitch my load was grayed out. so like the moron I am, I exited the game and went back into it, without even going to try and save to see if my load was there. Anyway, are there possible ways to ever get my save back?
- Question from GamesFAQs
Fallout 4 is a popular action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, which is for PlayStation 4, Windows, and Xbox One. Once you play this game on the PC, it will create some saves data to keep your progress in the game. However, there is a common issue in many game forums: Fallout 4 saves disappeared on PC.
Without Fallout 4 saves data, some users say that the game did not start smoothly. There are some different causes for the Fallout 4 accidentally deleted save error, such as accidental deletion or formation of the external hard drive through Xbox One.
For a nice and smooth game user experience, how to recover deleted game files on PC? We prepared 4 useful solutions in the following part.
4 ways to recover Fallout 4 deleted save on PC
There are some different methods for Fallout 4 recover deleted save. You can try to recover Fallout deleted saves from Recycle Bin, from backups, and from Previous Versions. What’s more, we also provide the top rated data recovery software for Windows on PC.
Way 1. Recover Fallout 4 deleted saves from Recycle Bin
Like other deleted files, Fallout 4 deleted saves will not be removed permanently after deletion. All the deleted files will be saved in the Recycle Bin folder on your PC. If you have not cleaned up the Recycle Bin folder, you can go to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin within 30 days.
Here is an easy guideline to get your Fallout 4 deleted saves back from Recycle Bin.
1. On the desktop of your PC, double-click on the Recycle Bin icon to open it.
2. If you can find your Fallout 4 deleted saves files here, right-click on them to choose Restore. Then the Fallout deleted saves files will be recovered to their original location.
Way 2. Recover Fallout 4 deleted saves from backups
If you cannot find your Fallout 4 deleted saves in Recycle Bin, but you have created backups for your Windows PC, you can consider restoring files from backup. There is a built-in feature in Windows - Backup and Restore. Try to recover your Fallout 4 deleted saves files from it by following the steps here.
1. Go to the Windows Start menu, and open the Control Panel page.
2. Click on System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
3. Press the Restore my files button under the Restore tab.
4. You can choose Browse for files or Browse for folders to choose the deleted Fallout 4 deleted saves. After that, choose Restore to get them back.
Way 3. Recover Fallout 4 deleted saves with Previous Versions
For Fallout 4, how to recover deleted saves easily? On your Windows PC, there is a built-in feature called Previous Versions. It can help you to restore previous version of file or folder with ease. Try it to get your Fallout 4 deleted saves back.
1. On your PC, locate the folder that contains your Fallout 4 deleted saves.
2. Right-click on this folder to choose Restore previous version.
3. Choose Open > Open in File History, and you can see if your Fallout 4 deleted saves are here.
4. Go back to this window and press the Restore button.
Way 4. Recover Fallout 4 deleted saves using MyRecover
If you still can not recover Fallout 4 deleted saves in the above ways, this solution can help you a lot effectively. We want to introduce you the professional data recovery tool MyRecover. No matter what circumstances or accidents your data is deleted, you can get it back in a few clicks.
MyRecover is a powerful and easy-to-use tool, which provides many shining points and features:
● Recover deleted files from hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, and more storage devices directly.
● Allow you to recover more than 200 types of data, such as game files, photos, videos, compressed files, and so on.
● Recover deleted files from specific folder like Fallout 4 saves folder.
● Work perfectly on all versions of Windows operating systems: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, and Windows Server.
● Keep the recovered file with its original filename, path, format, and quality.
You can get the MyRecover desktop application on your PC for free. Then, here is the easy tutorial to recover Fallout deleted saves via MyRecover quickly.
1. Run the MyRecover client. Choose the disk that contains your Fallout 4 folder. Then, click the Start Scan button.
2. You can look for the Fallout 4 deleted saves data here without waiting for the scanning process to finish.
3. Tick the Fallout deleted saves files or folders, and click on the Recover x files button to get them back. You can choose a new location to store them as well.
Written in the end
If you meet the Fallout 4 saves disappeared on PC issue, you can find a suitable solution in this article. To get your Fallout 4 data back in the fastest way, please try the data recovery software MyRecover, which can help you recover deleted files in Windows 10, 11, 8, 7, and more.