Why migrate Windows 10 to smaller SSD?
Migrating Windows 10 to smaller SSD is transferring your Windows 10 by cloning it to SSD. The reason why we want to migrate Windows 10 to SSD concludes many aspects. The following are the detail points.
● Firstly, we can improve computer performance by migrating Windows 10 to smaller SSD. It is determined by the features of SSD. SSD does not have mechanical components, therefore, its speed of reading and writing is much faster than traditional hard drive.
● Secondly, SSD is more expensive than traditional HDD in the market. An SSD is smaller than an HDD usually at the same cost. Thus, a smaller SSD is more affordable than a larger one.
● Thirdly, migrating Windows 10 to smaller SSD is much faster than reinstalling new operating system on your SSD. We all know reinstalling operating system is time-consuming. Besides, you can not restore your original settings of your original Windows 10. So it is the best choice to migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD.
The Best Windows 10 to SSD migration solution
As we have mentioned above, to migrate Windows 10 to smaller SSD is to clone your system partition to the smaller SSD. Now the question we should consider is which SSD cloning software is the best for the migrating. By comparison with other software, AOMEI Backupper Professional which has perfect cloning function is recommended here.
It can help you move Windows 10 to SSD by cloning operating system and installed programs without reinstalling.
It makes it possible to migrate Windows 10 to smaller SSD with its intelligent clone option that will only copy the used part.
It also lets you copy selected partitions or clone entire hard drive to smaller SSD if you want to.
In addition, AOMEI Backupper has a user-friendly GUI. The delicate designed interface and wizard make it an easy to use the software. Check the steps below to see how to migrate Windows 10 from HDD to SSD.
Quick guide to migrate Windows 10 to smaller SSD
It is a good habit to backup data before any operation about your data. To ensure your data security, you can backup data to external hard drive using Disk Backup function of AOMEI Backupper before migrating Windows 10 to smaller SSD.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper, install it. Plug your SSD into your computer using the USB-to-SATA cable. Then launch AOMEI Backupper, click the System Clone under the Clone option.
Step 2. The program will automatically select the system partition and system reserved partition. You do not have to select the source partition. Just select your SSD as a new location for Windows 10 and click Next (take the Disk 2 for example).
Step 3. You will see an Operation Summary which indicates the operation that will be executed. Confirm all settings are right and click then Start Clone to make it.
1. If you select Sector by sector clone, it will clone all sectors. Please make sure the destination disk is equal to or larger than the source disk.
2. Tick SSD Alignment box will improve the reading and writing speed as well as extend SSD’s lifespan.
Step 4. Click Finish when the cloning process is done. Then enter into BIOS and set SSD as the first boot disk. The original drive will not be wiped out and you can use the original drive as secondary storage. Or you can also choose to backup SSD to HDD in case of a system crash.
That’s all for how to migrate Windows 10 to smaller SSD. As you can see, AOMEI Backupper is a reliable Windows 10 to SSD migration solution which can help you finish the job within a few clicks.
Meanwhile, AOMEI Backupper is not only a powerful cloning software but also a comprehensive backup tool. It offers various backup options including system/disk/partition/file backup that can meet almost all your needs in computer backup. Just explore it by yourself now!