Can You Transfer Data from One Micro SD Card to Another?
“What should I do to transfer data from 16GB SD card to 32GB SD card, and use it in my Android Phone? I can directly move the data from SD card to another one, but I just worried I'm going to break some file paths or lose something in the move. Any advice? Thanks for any help.”
It’s common in our daily life, especially for the Android Phone SD card replacement. Don’t worry, we will show you multiple ways to transfer data from Micro SD card to another easily.
How to Transfer Data Between Micro SD Cards?
Sometimes, you need changing to larger capacity SD card, but how to transfer data from old one to new one? Here we will show you the different ways to get it done. The below steps are applied to transfer files from 32GB to 64GB SD card, or other situations to transfer data between SD cards.
Way 1: Indirect Transmission without A Computer
If there only a little data on the 16GB SD card, you could do the following to change SD card in Android without losing data:
1. Transfer files to Android internal storage.
Locate Settings > Storage > SD Card, ensure it’s visible. Choose the folder you would like to transfer, tap three vertical dots, and choose Move to... or Copy to..., select a destination for the files, click Move or Copy to transfer files to internal storage.
2. Power off your Android Phone, and replace the old 16GB SD card with the 32GB SD card.
3. Then move files from Android internal storage to 32GB SD card. Use the same way in Step 1 to transfer files to 32GB SD card.
Way 2: Directly Transfer Data from 16GB SD Card to 32GB SD Card
You could transfer data from 16GB to 32GB in Windows computer. Here it is:
1. Prepare two SD card reader to connect the 16GB SD card and 32GB SD card, make sure they can be detected in Windows computer.
2. Open the two SD cards in Windows File Explorer.
3. Choose the folders in 16GB old SD card, and hit Ctrl + C to copy all the data.
4. Locate the 32GB SD card, and hit Ctrl + V to paste the data from 16GB SD card.
This way may not good for the installed programs files, after the transition, the installed program files may not working.
Way 3: Clone Android SD Card to Larger One
To ensure every files can be used normally, It’s highly recommended to Clone SD card to larger SD card with the best free SD card clone software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. This freeware is designed for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP, including 32-bit and 64-bit. It helps you to:
Clone SD card to transfer everything to another SD card, includes folders, and its subfolders, files, everything is the same as the original files, and ensure these files usable as normal.
Clone used sectors with intelligent sector clone mode, which is the default settings. This option helps you to clone larger SD card to smaller SD card, as long as the used space is smaller than the destination smaller SD card.
Multiple storage devices supported: local disk external hard drive, HDD and SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, CD/DVD, etc.
Please download the best free SD card clone software - AOMEI Backupper Standard to have a try.
Steps to clone 16GB SD card to 32GB SD card with AOMEI Backupper:
1. Connect the two SD cards with your Windows Computer, and backup files on the 32GB SD card if there is any critical data.
2. Perform AOMEI Backupper after installing on your computer, Locate Clone tab and choose Disk Clone.
3. Choose the 16GB SD card as the source disk, and hit Next >>.
4. Select the 32GB SD card as the target disk, and press Next >>.
5. Press Start Clone >> to transfer data from 16GB to 32GB SD card safely.
After a while, everything will be transferred to the 32GB SD card, and everything is usable.
It’s the safest way to transfer 16GB SD card to 32GB SD card.
Then replace the 16GB SD card with the 32GB, and put it into your Android Phone to normally use.
Besides, you could use basic sync to transfer all files and folders from 16GB SD card to 32GB SD card.
Write in the End
How to transfer data from 16GB to 32GB without losing data? Try the ways described to transfer easily and safely. If you want to try the best way to transfer files from one Micro SD card to another, please try AOMEI Backupper. Besides, you could use the advanced editions to migrate OS to SSD without reinstalling, create a system image for Windows 10/8/7, restore to dissimilar hardware computer, command line clone, etc.