Samsung T5 Backup Software for Windows PCs (Portable)
AOMEI Backupper is the best Samsung SSD T5 backup software due to its richest functionality. With it, you can easily back up PC files or OS to an external drive, even for multiple computers.
About Samsung Portable SSD T5
The Samsung Portable SSD T5 is an external storage comes with compact design, Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface. It provides transfer speeds up to 540 MB/s, with which you can quickly backup large-sized data like 4K videos and high-resolution photos.
Samsung T5 has a light yet durable metal body with no moving parts, and the optional password protection makes it even more secure. Therefore, you may want to backup important files to Samsung SSD T5.
On the other hand, a higher level of security does not mean absolute security. Sometimes you may also want to backup Samsung Portable SSD T5 to your computer or other removable devices.
How can you achieve this? Keep reading to learn the best Samsung SSD T5 backup software.
- How can you perform backup with Samsung Portable SSD T5?
- Best Samsung SSD T5 backup software for files and OS (portable)
- Steps | How to auto backup files with Samsung SSD T5 backup software?
- Steps | How to create a portable backup software on external drive?
How can you perform Samsung Portable SSD T5 backup?
First, if you don't have a lot of files to back up, you can certainly perform the data transfer by manually dragging & dropping or copying & pasting. But if you want to transfer huge amount of files or plan data backup more flexibly, then you may need to use an effective Samsung Portable SSD T5 backup software.
There’s an example called Samsung Auto Backup, which is bundled with Samsung external drives and allows for real-time backup or scheduled backup. You can find its download link and user guide here. But please note, this software only runs on Windows 7/XP/Vista. On Windows 10, you will receive this message:
To make up for this deficiency, you can of course use Windows built-in backup utilities. Among them, File History enables you to auto backup files to external hard drive, Backup and Restore has the ability to backup operating system to external hard drive. However, there are some well-known errors that may occur when using them to backup or restore data. If you are finding a solution with higher success rate, AOMEI Backupper could be the answer.
Best Samsung SSD T5 backup software for files and OS (portable)
AOMEI Backupper is a professional backup software working on all Windows PCs and supports storages like HDD/SSD, USB flash drive, NAS, network share and cloud drive. Not only Samsung Portable SSD T5, but you can also use it on all brands of internal/external drives.
- As for functions, it allows for file backup, partition backup, system backup and disk backup. Each one comes with practical features like schedule backup, backup scheme, incremental or differential backup, image splitting, encryption, email notification, etc.
- In addition to image backup and restore, it also allows you to clone hard drive to external hard drive with ease, or auto sync folders in real time.
- AOMEI Backupper has several editions for different user groups, considering the high portability of Samsung SSD T50, you can also use Technician or Technician Plus edition to create a portable version of the backup software on external drive.
Download the free trial of Technician edition to have a try.
*Techinician edition supports Windows PCs while Technician Plus supports Windows PCs & Servers.
*If you only need to use Samsung SSD backup software on one computer, you can also use the completely free AOMEI Backupper Standard.
How to auto backup files with Samsung SSD T5 backup software
No matter whether you want to use this software on one or multiple computers, all the steps are exactly the same. Connect the Samsung Portable SSD T5 properly and open this software in the following two ways.
>> For one computer: Searching "AOMEI Backupper" after the installation completes and select it on the search box.
>> For multiple computers: If you don't want to install this software again and again, you need to create a portable version of AOMEI Backupper and then click Backupper.exe in the installation directory of it. For detailed steps, please check the steps in the next part.
After launching this software, you will see the main page of AOMEI Backupper. Follow the steps below to backup files automatically with it:
1. Navigate to Backup tab and choose File Backup for individual files and folders. If you want to back up the operating system, choose System Backup instead.
2. Click Add Folder or Add File to select what you want to backup.
3. Select the Samsung Portable SSD T5 as the destination. Then you can set daily, weekly, monthly automatic backup with its Schedule Backup, or enable automatic backup cleanup methods in the Backup Scheme to prevent backup disk full. Click Start Backup to execute the task.
Also, you can use advancede backup feature - event triggers (like startup or shutdown), USB plug in, change incremental backup to differential backup, set password for backup, etc.
If you want to back up your Samsung SSD T5 to PC or other portable device, just select the corresponding source path and target path.
How to create a portable backup software on removable device
If you have multiple PCs to maintain, it may be a waste of time to download and install AOMEI Backupper on each machine. In this case, you could create a portable backup software on removable device like Samsung SSD T5, then connect it to target PCs for direct use.
1. Connect the Samsung SSD T5 to the computer. Launch the software and select Create Portable Version under Tools tab.
2. The connected device will be selected as the target location by default. You can also specify a location manually by clicking Browse.
3. Click Start Creating and wait for it to complete. Hit Finish to exit.
Now the installation directory and registration tool have been copied to the target location, you can double-click Backupper.exe to run the backup software directly.
If AOMEI Backupper has been installed on the target PC before, you may encounter errors when using the newly created portable version. If so, double click Register.exe and then Register for correct advanced edition.
If you are finding Samsung SSD T5 backup software, there are more than one option. But considering the compatibility and functionality, I would recommend AOMEI Backupper. It covers almost everything you need, for example, backup files to Samsung SSD T5 or vice versa. And you make this task automatically and prevent backup disk full from the very begining.
And if you want to do this on multiple computers, it allows you to create a portable version of AOMEI Backupper and backup any target computer without installing backup software again. Also, you can use it to deploy system image to multiple computers with the help of its image deployment software.
AOMEI Backupper is not only a backup & restore software, it also contains powerful disk clone feature. With it, you can easily clone Samsung SSD to another SSD without reinstalling.