Restore Outlook Emails from Backup in 2 Ways – No Data Loss
Are you looking for an easy and effective way to restore Outlook emails from backup to a new email account or to another computer? This guide provides you with details to enable the task.
Need to restore Outlook emails from backup
If your computer suffers from disk failure, system crash, or virus invasion which leads to loss of your Outlook data, you may be very anxious to find a rescue solution. Undoubtedly, you can restore your Outlook emails from a backup. If you have email backups created in advance in your hand, this disaster will be easily solved without any hindrance.
If you use the Import and Export wizard in Outlook to backup emails, the backup is usually stored in the form of PST file. You can restore emails from PST file. Also, others will use backup software to backup Outlook emails. So this article covers how to restore Outlook emails backup using Import and Export Wizard and using third-party software.
When you have exported Outlook emails to PST file or have created Outlook emails backup with backup tool in advance and encounter some situations that you want to restore emails from this backup, there are two ways to help you complete that easily.
Way 1. Restore emails from PST file
If you have created a backup of Outlook emails using Outlook's Import and Export Wizard, you can use it to restore your backup files from the PST files. Here are the steps on how to restore Outlook backup from PST file.
1. Open Outlook. Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file, and then select Next.
3. Select Outlook Data File (.pst), and then select Next.
4. Click Browse and select the PST file that is ready to be imported. Select Next. Select Do not import duplicates, unless you want the imported information to replace or duplicate items that are already in Outlook.
5. If a password is assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), you will be prompted to enter the password and click OK.
6. The top folder (usually Personal Folders, Outlook Data File, or your email address) is selected automatically. Include subfolders is selected by default. All folders under the folder selected will be imported.
7. Select Finish. The restore process have been completed now.
Way 2. Restore Outlook emails from backup without PST file
The other situation is that you have an Outlook email backup image created by best backup and restore software AOMEI Backupper Professional, you can use it to restore emails easily. It is the best email backup software offering a lot of powerful features, including:
- It offers you the “Outlook Backup” feature to backup the entire Outlook mailbox including mail folders (Inbox, Outbox, Drafts, etc.), Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and more. Or specify one or more folders.
- It allows you to run scheduled backup tasks with “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly” or “Event triggers”. And you can even wake the computer to run scheduled task when you are not using the Outlook app.
- It allows you to run incremental backup or differential backup to reduce backup time and the backup image size, thus improve your backup efficiency.
Please download this powerful backup software to have a try.
Once you have a Outlook Backup in hand created by AOMEI Backupper, you can follow the steps below to restore Outlook from backup anytime and anywhere you want.
1. Open AOMEI Backupper, click Restore and then click Select Task.
2. Select a backup point based on the created time and backup type and click the "Next" button.
3. Please select the Outlook email folder you want to restore and click the "Next" button.
4. Choose “Restore to original location" or “Restore to a new location" to select the target storage path to store the folders. Select "Start Restore" to begin the restore process.
In the end
That’s all I want to show you about how to restore Outlook emails from backup both using Import and Export wizard and the best backup and restore software AOMEI Backupper Professional. Also you can use its Outlook backup feature to automatically backup Outlook data to any location you want to prevent data loss. Try it by yourself now!