2 Effective Ways to Backup Specific Folders to OneDrive
You can learn how to backup specific folders to OneDrive in this article. This provides the safest protection for your data, as data saved in cloud services is less likely to be lost.
Can I Add Specific Folder to OneDrive?
"I'm considering adding my music to OneDrive as I just realized I have a terabyte of space (through my work subscription to Office 365). The problem is that all of my music is stored on an external USB drive. Is there a way to store the music files on this external USB drive to OneDrive."
How to Backup Specific Folder to OneDrive on Windows 10/11
Way 1. Use OneDrive Desktop App Backup Specific Folder
In Windows 11/10/8.1, the OneDrive application is already installed. For Windows 8/7 users, you must download the OneDrive app and install it yourself. Follow the instructions below to back up specific folders with the OneDrive desktop application.
- Press Windows + S to open the search box. Type "onedrive" in the search box. Click on the top result and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- On the "This is your OneDrive folder" screen, select "Next" to accept the default folder location for OneDrive files.
- Then click Open my OneDrive folder to view your OneDrive folder.
- You can then drag and drop or copy and paste the folders you want to back up into the OneDrive folder. The client will automatically sync them to the OneDrive site.
Way 2. Use AOEMI Backupper Standard Backup Specific Folder to OneDrive
You can only drag and drop specific folders one by one to backup with OneDrive, which is a bit troublesome for some users who have a lot of folders. If you use a third party software - AOMEI Backupper Standard, you can backup multiple specific folders at once.
Both Backup and Sync function of this software can help you backup specific folders to OneDrive. Here, I will take Basic Sync as an example to tell you how to use this software to backup specific folders on your computer.
- Download and install this software on your computer. Click Sync on the left pane and select Basic Sync on the right.
- You can name the task to distinguish it from other sync tasks. Click Add Folder and select the folder you want to sync. If you want to sync multiple folders at the same time, click the "+" icon after adding the first source folder.
- Click the inverted triangle on the right edge of the second column and select Select a cloud drive to back up the special folder.
- Select OneDrive and click OK. If you can't find OneDrive in the list, then go back to step 3 and manually navigate to the OneDrive local folder by clicking the folder shape button in the second column.
- Click on Start Sync to perform the operation.
This article provides you with two methods to backup special folders to OneDrive. By comparison, the second method is more convenient and practical. You can backup multiple folders to OneDrive at the same time with the help of AOMEI Backupper.
In addition to backup and synchronization functions, this software also provides you with cloning functions. When you want to upgrade your hard drive, you can successfully migrate your data and system with the help of AOMEI Backupper. It also guarantees that you will be able to boot from the cloned disk successfully without encountering any problems.