3 Effective Ways to Backup PC to Amazon Cloud Drive
Want to back up PC to Amazon Cloud Drive? You can learn three ways to do this from this article, which includes an all-in-one third-party software.
Brief Introduction of Amazon Cloud Drive
Amazon Drive, formerly known as Amazon Cloud Drive, is a cloud storage application managed by Amazon. The service provides secure cloud storage, file backup, file sharing and photo printing. Using an Amazon account, files and folders can be transferred and managed from multiple devices, including web browsers, desktop apps, mobiles and tablets. Amazon Drive also allows their U.S. customers to order photo prints and photo books using the Amazon Print service.
Today, Amazon Drive offers free unlimited photo storage with an Amazon Prime subscription or a Fire Tablet device, and a paid limited storage service. Launched in major countries including the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the U.K., Japan, and Australia, it also functions in Brazil and China as a free limited 5GB storage service.
Why Backup PC to Amazon Cloud Drive?
It is well known that in recent years, cloud storage is seen as a good backup solution and more and more people are turning to this method of data backup and storage. Some of the most common reasons are described below.
- Higher security. Backing up your PC data to the Amazon cloud is stored remotely, so it prevents you from losing your data even in case of local system crashes, hardware failures, natural disasters, etc.
- Easier access. Generally, you can easily access files in the Amazon cloud service on any device as long as there is an Internet connection.
- Save local storage space. When you back up files on your PC to your local hard drive, the backup files will slowly grow over time. Then, you may face the problem of running out of storage space and your PC will run slower and slower. Backing up files to the Amazon cloud can save a lot of local storage space.
How to Backup PC to Amazon Cloud Drive
In the following section, you will find three methods and detailed steps for backing up your PC to Amazon Drive. Please check all three methods and choose one for your situation.
Method 1. Backup PC to Amazon Cloud Drive via Website
To back up PC files to Amazon Cloud Drive, you can easily access the service from anywhere through its web version and use any browser, such as Safari, Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Accessing Amazon Cloud Drive on the web to back up your photos is a useful method for those who do not have Amazon Cloud Drive installed on their PCs.
- Sign in to your Amazon Cloud Drive on the web page. If you don't have an account, you can sign up for a new one at the beginning.
- Once you are logged in, click the Upload button on the top left. Then select the files or data you want to back up to Amazon Cloud Drive.
Method 2. Backup PC to Amazon Cloud Drive via Desktop App
In addition to the web version, Amazon Cloud Drive has a desktop application for Windows and Mac users to manage data uploads and syncs. And through this application, owners of Fire, Android or iOS devices can access content stored in the cloud or upload your own files.
- Download and install the Amazon Photos application to your PC, it will automatically download the correct version for your operating system.
- Once the application is installed, a login window will appear to log into your Amazon account.
- Open the Amazon Photos screen and click the Settings icon in the upper right corner to enter Preferences.
- Select Sync tab, and choose Enable Sync.
- Amazon Photos will then restart and your desktop will have a shortcut to Amazon Drive for you to sync. Amazon Photos will inform you to choose the Amazon Drive folders to save your synced files and select the Local sync folder (by default it is located at C:/Users/Your username/Amazon Drive if you don't change the location) and press the Start sync button.
- In the main window of Amazon Photos select the Sync tab and drag and drop your files to Amazon Photos, specify the location and click Select and it will start syncing.
Method 3. Backup Computer to Amazon Cloud Drive via Third-Party Tool
AOMEI Backupper Standard is one of the most professional and useful third-party services for backing up different kinds of files to the cloud installed on your device. As an excellent backup service, it stands out in the following aspects.
Then, come to learn the steps to backup PC files to Amazon Cloud Drive with AOMEI Backupper Standard. First you need to download Amazon Photos and AOMEI Backupper Standard to your computer.
- Enable sync function of your Amazon Photos app. Then launch AOMEI Backupper Standard and click on Backup on the left side and go to File Backup.
- You can choose Add Folder or Add File that you want to back up to Amazon Cloud Drive or Amazon Photos.
- Click the folder icon at the end of the box to browse and select the Amazon Cloud Drive folder as the backup destination. Then, click Start Backup to back up your computer to the Amazon Cloud Drive.
In this article, you can learn about three ways to back up PC to Amazon Cloud Drive. The third-party software mentioned in the article can help you easily backup not only to Amazon Cloud Drive, but you can also use it to backup to OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
AOMEI Backupper is also a reliable system protection software. When you want to upgrade your hard drive, you can also use its Clone feature to help you migrate your data and system. What's the hesitation? Try it now!