Backup Gmail to OneDrive Effectively with 3 Methods
You will learn 3 effective methods to backup Gmail to OneDrive in simple steps. It can be entire account or specific emails in it. Learn the detailed steps below.
Can I Backup Gmail to OneDive?
“I opened a Google account, long ago, I was an early adopter. I'm seeing OneDrive as a more viable solution for me, but I can not find a user-friendly way of moving. All searches I have made point me to moving TO Google Drive, not FROM it, it's just a personal preference.
I'm an individual user and do not need the classroom aspect, I am a photographer, and need mobile backup safe & reliable so when I make new photos they get backed up, where I want them to be.”
Why Backup Gmail to OneDrive?
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google, and in it, you can receive emails up to 50MB in size including attachments, and send emails up to 25MB. But the problem is that Google only offers free users 15GB of storage space and it’s shared with Google Drive and Google Photos.
Thus, if you use up the 15GB space, you need to pay for it or backup Gmail to OneDrive (if you subscribe to it) to duplicate a copy of your emails. Also, you can choose to delete emails in Gmail to free up more space. Besides, you may want to switch to a different email service.
How to Backup Gmail to OneDrive
Here we will show you 3 effective methods to backup Gmail to OneDrive in simple steps. You could try “download and upload”, “drag and drop” or powerful Outlook backup software. If you want to backup Gmail to OneDrive automatically, direct go to Way 3.
Way 1: Backup Emails to OneDrive using Download and Upload feature
1. Open your Gmail account. Double-click the email to open it and click More and Download Message.
2. To back up multiple emails, repeat the previous step.
3. Then, open the local Downloads folder, select all the emails, and save them to a new folder.
4. Open onedrive.com. Click Upload > Folder and select the folder containing all the downloaded Gmails.
Way 2: Backup Outlook Emails to OneDrive using Drag and Drop
1. Open the OneDrive folder and add a Gmail account in Outlook.
Open Outlook. Click File and Add Account. Then, type your email address in the blank field and Conenect. Then, type password of your Gmail account to add it.
2. Open the Outlook Inbox folder and select the email you want to backup. Then, drag and drop it into the OneDrive folder.
3. To backup multiple Gmails in Outlook, hold down the Ctrl key while selecting emails.
Way 3: Automatically Backup Gmail to OneDrive with Powerful Software
Here you will use powerful Outlook backup software - AOMEI Backupper Professional to backup Gmail to OneDrive in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, etc. and make it run automatically.
- It offers you the Outlook Backup feature to backup emails, attachments, calendars, tasks, contacts, etc in Gmail account as long as you add it in Outlook. Or select specific items.
- It allows you to backup Gmail to OneDrive automatically. You have 4 schedule backup options, including Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Event triggers. In a scheduled task, you can even wake your computer to run it.
- It will enable incremental backup and other options like normal compression to reduce the size of the backup image.
To backup entire Gmail account to OneDrive, please download this powerful backup software.
(PS: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP and Vista are supported on the Professional edition. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server!)
Step 1. Add the Gmail account in Outlook. Open AOMEI Backupper Professional and click Backup and Outlook Backup.
Step 2. Click Add Outlook data and select the Gmail account containing emails (including attachments) you want to backup. Then click OK.
Note: If you don’t want to backup all emails in Gmail account, you could select only the folder containing emails you want to backup.
Step 3. Click Select a cloud drive and then OneDrive to receive emails in Gmail.
Step 4. Enable Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Event triggers schedule backup. If you want to run this scheduled task at a specific time, be sure the option ”Wake the computer to run scheduled task” is checked.
Step 5. Confirm you select all the Gmail and click Start Backup to backup Gmail to OneDrive automatically.
- The Event triggers feature does not support the ”Wake the computer to run scheduled task” option.
- In a scheduled task, you can switch the default incremental backup to differential backup. It also backup only changed files, but is based on full backup and safer.
- Besides, you can also enable automatic backup cleanup in Backup Scheme to free up more space. This feature will directly delete old backup images based on the selected cleanup methods.
You can easily backup Gmail to OneDrive in simple steps with “download and upload”, “drag and drop” or powerful Outlook backup software. Note the previous two methods require human intervention and you can only download a single email in Gmail or drag and drop a few emails in Outlook at a time.
To backup all emails in Gmail account, the best method is to use powerful backup software - AOMEI Backupper Professional. And you can set schedule backup, incremental backup, etc to automatically backup more emails using less backup.