Best Free Network Drive Backup Software for Windows 7/8/10
The best free network backup software for Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, and Windows Vista will help you backup all network drive shared files within a few clicks.
Why need network backup software for Windows
Network storage is not new in work and daily life to the majority of PC users. Shared folders in LAN and all kinds of NAS are widely applied in computers. These storages bear the burden of storing data while saving the disk space of local disks.
In companies, one shared folder that could be accessed by every colleague is a good method of transferring documents for administrators. This also applies in home-sharing network. You store family photos, favorite music and interesting movies on the shared folder or NAS and your families can easily reach to them to share the joy and feel the state you’re experiencing.
That’s why people would like to backup to network in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11. Nevertheless, where there is data, there is risk. The protection of network drive cannot be ignored. However, either to backup NAS/Share to PC locally or to external hard drive you will need network backup software for Windows and it is best free.
What’s the best network backup software for Windows
The network backup software you are digging for Windows 7, 8, 10, 11 should have the following features:
- In the first place, it should support different backup modes like Full Backup, Incremental Backup, and Differential Backup for you to better manage backups.
- Secondly, it better supports scheduled backup, say backup files in daily, weekly, or monthly mode. So you don’t need to manually start back up when there are files added or modified.
- Thirdly, it better supports different types of storage devices, such as USB flash drives, Thumb Drives, Hardware RAID, Dynamic Disk etc. Thus, you can successfully backup data to other places.
- Last but not least, the software is better free of charge even if it has so many mighty functions.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is such free network backup software for Windows 11, 10, 8.1/8, 7, Vista, XP. It is equipped with all necessary backup features that as covered before.
It also supports File Sync which allows you to synchronize files and folders automatically with a schedule to local disks, external hard drives, and removable USB flash drives, NAS or other network shared folders.
More importantly, AOMEI Backupper Standard provides password protection for backups, which brings extra layer of security for your data. Download it now to learn how to protect your network drive.
Backup network drive using freeware AOMEI Backupper
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper, and click Backup > File Backup.
Step 2. Click Add File or Add Folder based on your situation. Then click Share/NAS.
Step 3. Click Add Share or NAS device and put in the path and username and password if needed.
Step 4. Click to change the destination path that you wish to store these backup images. After that, click Start Backup.
1. You can set password protection for backups by clicking Options.
2. Check Schedule Backup box to set daily, weekly, or monthly backup type.
3. Another method to backup network drive is mapping it to local disk. Learn how to map network drive in tutorial backup NAS to external hard drive. After mapping, it will show up as a partition form in Windows Explorer. Yet please note that it is actually a folder instead of partition. Therefore, you still need to use File Backup to back data up in that folder.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is excellent network backup software for Windows OS that is free of charge. As you can see from the screenshots, this backup solution has embedded with many other practical functions. For example, you can use it to clone hard drive with bad sectors and create a bootable rescue media say make Sandisk USB flash drive bootable just in case.