Minecraft is a famous sandbox construction game; it attracts many game players and game enthusiasts, the game players have to place and break various types of blocks to interact with the game world in Minecraft, and could also create amazing structures in your own worlds across different game modes.
Considering you’ve spent a lot of time on this game to get the achievements and the world, then your Minecraft world should be protected in case of virus and malware attack, Windows corrupt, hard drive failure etc. Just backup the Minecraft world immediately.
Where the Mincraft Worlds Stored?
Before backing up, please ensure the Minecraft worlds location.
In Windows computers, to find the Minecraft Worlds location:
Press Win plus R key combination, type %appdata%\.minecraft and hit Enter to open the Minecraft Worlds Files. Usually, Minecraft worlds located at: C:\Users\user name\%appdata%\.minecraft\saves\
In Mac OS, find the Minecraft files location:
In the Finder, on the Go menu, select Go to Folder, then type: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and hit Enter to open Minecraft Worlds folders.
In your Android Phones, it may be located: /sdcard/games/com.mojang/
And Minecraft Windows 10 edition saves the worlds to: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
The Minecraft folders contains folders, each folder means a Minecraft world you created. A Minecraft world is composed of an arbitrary number of Region files, and a “level” file. The level file defines the metadata for the world, while the region files define the blocks that shape the terrain. Besides, the levelname.txt store the name you created in Minecraft.
How to Create Minecraft Backups in Windows
So, what should we do to backup Minecraft Worlds? Just follow us.
Way 1: Backup Minecraft Worlds with Copy World
How to get Minecraft backup worlds within the game application? Here is the instructions:
1. Open your Minecraft Worlds game, click Play button.
2. Locate the Minecraft you want to backup, click the pen icon next to the world.
3. Scroll down to the bottom, select Copy World or Export World.
4. And navigate a location to save the Minecraft world.
Way 2: Manually Backup Minecraft Worlds
How to backup a world in Minecraft, see here:
1. Locate the Minecraft Worlds folders.
2. Find the folders contain the worlds you would like to backup, right click it and choose Copy (or click Ctrl + C).
3. Go to a external hard drive or other location, right click and choose Paste (or Ctrl + V) to move the Minecraft worlds to another safe place.
Repeat the steps to backup Minecraft worlds you want.
Way 3: Automatically Backup Minecraft Worlds in Windows 10
If you play it frequently, the worlds will be automatically changed, you have to backup worlds every time you finished them, it’s kind of time-consuming and combursome. Is there any other easier way to automatically backup Minecraft? Definitely.
The best free backup and sync software - AOMEI Backupper Standard will do you a big favor. It offers you two ways to backup Minecraft Worlds in Windows 10 automatically and save it to any recognized device, such as, external hard disk, USB flash drive, network share, cloud drives, etc.
- File Backup: It compresses all the worlds into an image file and requires you to restore them before using it. Besides, it also allows you to backup Minecraft worlds to AOMEI Cloud, a cloud drive with 1TB of free cloud storage, and you have 15 days of free access after registration.
- Basic Sync: It keeps the original structure of Minecraft worlds after syncing, so you can modify, delete, or view them at any time you want. If you take easy of use into serious consideration, try this method and I'll introduce you in detail.
Let’s download it and see how it works. The free version is capable of backing up Minecraft worlds in Windows 10, 11, or previous systems like Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. For server users, try AOMEI Backupper Server!
To make the backup copy of Minecraft Worlds safe, you could save the Minecraft backup world folders to NAS device, external hard drive, USB flash drive, local hard drive, network share, etc. The following text is how to backup Minecraft worlds in Windows 10/8/7 with the “Basic Sync” feature.
1. Launch AOMEI Backupper, select Sync -> Basic Sync in turn.
2. Click Add Folder to choose the Minecraft Worlds folders, Change Task Name to distinguish from other backups if need be.
4. Select a destination path to save the Minecraft Worlds.
5. Click Schedule Sync > Enable Schedule Sync, and choose a schedule mode to automatically backup Minecraft Worlds, you could choose one of them: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, USB plug in.
✍Please upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional or other advanced editions to enjoy the last two features in Schedule, event triggers and USB plug in.
✍Besides, you could click Options to comment on the Minecraft backup task, enable email or SMS notification, and other settings.
6. Press Start Sync >> button, and choose Add the schedule and start Sync now to perform Minecraft backup in Windows 10/8/7.
After the sync task finished, you will have an exact copy of your Minecraft Worlds. If you would like to sync Minecraft in real time, please try Real-Time Sync to immediately sync changes files to the destination. Meanwhile, you could transfer Minecraft Worlds to another computer via sync Minecraft Worlds to network.
How to Restore Minecraft Worlds from Backups
Ensure you have the latest version of Minecraft version. Then restore with the following ways.
Way 1: Manually move to original location
If you owns the Minecraft Worlds backed up before, you could move the backup copy to the corresponding Minecraft worlds location to make it playable in Minecraft.
Please note that if you already have a newer version of the same world saved in the Minecraft folder, it will be overwritten and there is no way to restore it.
Way 2: Restore Minecraft Worlds with AOMEI Backupper
Or you could restore Minecraft Worlds using AOMEI Backupper. It support restore to riginal location or new location, it depends on your preference. Here it is:
1. Click Home, find the sync task and choose Three bar icon, choose Restore.
2. Click the Minecraft Worlds folders in the sync task you created before, and hit Next.
3. Select Restore to original location. Tick Restore to new location if you want.
4. Press Start Restore >> to restore Minecraft worlds easily.
How to backup Minecraft worlds in Windows computers? Just try the ways provided in this article to backup easily. Besides, you could backup Minecraft worlds in an image file, then restore to original location if required. Your Minecraft worlds, we protect.