Why Clone System Drive to SSD?
With the growing popularity of SSD, many users want to migrate their systems from HDD to SSD. Why would they want to do this? The article summarizes the following reasons for you.
- Faster read and write speeds: Compared to HDD, SSD will boot faster so that programs will start immediately, and games won't take so long to load.
- Better durability: SSD is very durable therefore it can ensure that you have a good user experience for a long time.
- More energy-efficient and less noisy: SSD consumes less power than HDD and it's very quiet, so you can enjoy a quiet working environment.
The Best Cloning Software for Cloning System from HDD to SSD
If you want to easily copy system drive to new SSD without reinstalling, the safe and reliable cloning software AOMEI Backupper Professional will be your best choice. Its cloning tutorial is easy to understand. Besides, after cloning, you can boot your computer from the cloned SSD and then directly use the system and related software as well as access any data you want. This software also has the advantages below.
- Clone method: It offers the Disk Clone and System Clone features to help you copy your system from HDD to SSD. Thus, you don't need to spend much time reinstalling OS and frequently used applications.
- Secure boot: You can boot the computer from the cloned SSD successfully after cloning.
- Intelligent clone: By default, it will only clone the used sectors, so you can easily clone system from HDD to smaller SSD.
- Live clone: The clone task can work in the background, so you can use your computer normally while cloning system from HDD to SSD.
- SSD alignment: This feature can accelerate your target SSD’s reading and writing speed.
- Multiple systems: It supports multiple Windows operating systems, such as Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista, etc.
How to Clone Operating System from HDD to SSD
In this section, you will learn how to use AOMEI Backupper Professional to clone your system without reinstalling it. Before you start, you need to do some preparation.
- Connect the SSD to your computer and make sure it can be recognized.
- Please backup the important files on the SSD in advance, because the cloning process will erase all the data on the target disk.
- Download the best system cloning software, AOMEI Backupper Professional and install it.
Now, you can follow the graphic tutorial below to clone system from HDD to SSD.
Clone Entire System HDD to SSD
Step 1. Open AOMEI Backupper Professional. Select Clone > Disk Clone.
Step 2. Select the system HDD as Source Disk and the newly connected SSD as Destination Disk successively.
Step 3. Check SSD Alignment to improve the read/write speed of the SSD. Then, click Start Clone to launch the cloning process.
Clone Only OS to SSD
Step 1. Run AOMEI Backupper. Select Clone > System Clone.
Step 2. The source drive is selected by default, you just need to choose your target SSD as the destination disk.
Step 3. Tick SSD Alignment to make the SSD perform well. Confirm your operations and click Start Clone to clone system from HDD to SSD.
- Make full use of disk space: It can add unallocated space to system partition to maximize the use of space on the target partition.
- Sector by sector clone: If your target disk is the same as or larger than the source disk, you can choose this option. It will clone all sectors whether used or not.
In order to improve the performance of your computer, more and more people choose to clone system from HDD to SSD. You can use the best system cloning software AOMEI Backupper Professional to help you achieve this goal. More importantly, it allows you to boot your computer from the cloned SSD. After booting, your operating system and installed software will work the same as before and you will not lose any data.
In addition, if you are a Windows Server user, you can choose AOMEI Backupper Server. And you can download this software to explore more useful features.