Overview of QNAP NAS
Network Attached Storage (NAS) is usually used by individuals and businesses to save backups. When we are faced with a number of NAS options, QNAP NAS is a well-known and well-respected one!
QNAP NAS provides excellent data transfer speed which ensures that your backups go smoothly, allowing you to easily move all your system and file backups to external storage devices when required. As some users have been concerned about the stability of Windows 10, we would recommend backing up your system drive to QNAP NAS just in case something unexpected happens.
Backing up with the Windows 10 inbuilt backup tool
You can backup Windows 10 to QNAP with the Windows 10 inbuilt backup tool - Backup system image (also compatible with Windows 7):
1. Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.
2. Click on Update & security.
3. Click Backup > Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
4. Select Create a system image.
5. Click On a network location and then the Select button.
6. Follow the steps to add your QNAP NAS and then select this drive as your backup location. Once the backup is completed, you can check the files in the File Station on the QNAP NAS.
Backup Windows10 to QNAP NAS with AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper is a free specialist tool that helps you backup your data to your QNAP NAS, and it supports all Windows editions (32 bit and 64 bit) including Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP.
AOMEI Backupper doesn’t just help you backup your Windows 10 OS to a QNAP NAS, it can be used to complete disk backups, partition backups, and file backups in Windows.
1. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard. Next, select System Backup under the Backup tab.
2. The system file will be chosen by default; then you should click the drop-down menu and choose Select a network location.
Tip: Schedule can be set to automatically run the backup job at an exact time of every day, week or month.
3. In the next window, click Add Network Location to add your QNAP NAS. Finally, click Start Backup. If you have a lot of system files, then the backup may take a little while to complete.
As we’ve discovered AOMEI Backupper is a convenient and versatile piece of software for backing up Windows 10 to a QNAP NAS. But it doesn’t just stop there, AOMEI Backupper can be used to easily create a bootable rescue media in case of a system crash, clone hard drive without reinstalling Windows, or be used to make a backup of client computers in the network on one centralized console. Click the links above to discover more great features of AOMEI Backupper.