Why you need to backup Synology NAS to cloud?
The Network Attached Storage (NAS) is very convenient - you can share data on it or backup data to NAS. Originally, you can name your NAS so that you can recognize it, or you can identify it with its IP address. Synology NAS is one of the best NAS servers in the world, and many users use it to share data. However, the data on the Synology NAS also faced the danger of data loss. Thus, the most effective way to keep the data safe is to backup Synology NAS.
Cloud storage drive is another popular storage drive and it is more and more popular among computer users. Compared with NAS, it has many advantages: you do not need to buy a server, just sign up in the cloud’s main interface, and you can store data online. It is more convenient and safer, and you can buy certain data traffic to use. You can work on your files either on the websites or the desktop apps. Thus, more and more people want to backup Synology NAS to cloud to ensure data safety and to use the data conveniently.
Stepwise guide to backup Synology NAS to cloud
Speaking of Synology NAS backup to cloud, here we highly recommend a free backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
- It allows you to backup all files and data on your Synology NAS to many cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, SugarSync, hubiC and Cloudme (cloud which has desktop app).
- You can create multiple backup schedules, including daily/weekly/monthly.
- You can choose to do full/incremental/differential backup for the scheduled task as per your needs. Differential backup is available in AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Here we take an example of how to backup Synology NAS to OneDrive. Before you do, you need to prepare for it:
1. Install OneDrive desktop app on your computer if you are running Windows 7/8. For Windows 11/10/8.1 users, it is already installed.
2. Download free AOMEI Backupper.
Then, you can follow the detailed operations step by step.
Step 1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper. To backup Synology NAS to cloud drive, here you need to click Backup, select File Backup.
Step 2. Here you need to add all folders or files you stored on the Synology NAS to AOMEI Backupper as the source party.
- Click Add Folder or Add File.
- Choose Share/NAS at the left side and it will pop out the Select Share/NAS Device window.
- Click Add Share or NAS Devices. Type in the IP address of your NAS to add it. You can also edit Display Name if you like. If the NAS is encrypted, you need to type in its Username and the Password.
- Choose the folder on your Synology NAS that needs to be backed up. If you have multiple folders to be backed up, please select them one by one.
automatically backup files with a certain file extension using Filter settings. It is available after upgrading to higher editions.Tip: You can
Step 3. After selecting the source party, you need to choose the cloud drive as the destination place. Click Select a cloud drive. AOMEI Backupper will list all cloud drives installed on your PC. Select the cloud drive, here is OneDrive, click OK.
Step 4. You can set up more for your backup. Like, add a comment in Options, or set up an automatic backup in Schedule Backup. After all backup settings, click Start Backup to execute the task.
That’s all for how to backup Synology NAS to cloud. Using AOMEI Backupper to backup Synology NAS to cloud is such a simple thing. You do not need to open many websites and re-upload all data from your NAS to cloud. It will save a lot of time for you. Finally, if you are a Windows Server user, AOMEI Backupper Server is suitable for you.