How to Take System Backup Easily in Windows 10/8/7 with Freeware
In addition to the known system backup with Windows built-in tools, you can learn how to take system backup easily and quickly with a free software in this article, you can read on for more details.
Introduction of system backup
System backup is to make an image copy of the partition (s) containing operating system (OS), boot files, configurations and programs installed in C drive, and then store the backup image to other location.
If system is damaged by computer virus or any other unknown errors, you can restore the system backup image to make your computer back to the state where you made the system backup without reinstalling Windows and applications.
You'd better to take a system backup when your computer as well as all the needed software is perfectly running, thus the system is relatively clean and running fast. Of course, you can also take a system backup at any time you like.
How to take system backup with free AOMEI Backupper
You may have found many tools which can backup an entire system, such as Windows 7 Backup and Restore, Windows 8 File History, however, you end in failing to understand them or getting errors.
AOMEI Backupper Standard, a backup freeware, can help you backup your system easily and quickly. It also offers Disk Backup, File Backup and Partition Backup functions to meet your different backup needs.
- Multiple destination locations: It is capable of backing up system to multiple destination locations, such as internal hard disks, external hard drives, solid-state drive (SSD), USB flash drives, network-attached storage (NAS), network drive, etc.
- Two types of bootable media: It supports creating two kinds of bootable media. One is Linux boot disc, and the other is Windows PE boot disc. If your computer fails to boot, you can boot your computer with bootable media to restore your system.
- Easy to operate: With its concise interface and design, users can handle it without any help.
The screenshots below will show you how to create system image with Backupper. You can follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download AOMEI Backupper Standard, install and open it. Then click Backup > System Backup.
Step 2. Since the system partition (normally C: drive) will be automatically chosen as the source partition in Step1, just select a destination path to save the image file. You can also set a task name for it to help you distinguish it from other backups.
Step 3. Confirm all your operations and click Start Backup to take system backup. Since it uses Volume Shadow copy Service (VSS), you can still use the computer while the process is running without problem.
- Options: There are some useful functions, such as comments, compression, splitting, notification, etc.
- Schedule Backup: You can set a schedule system backup with different frequencies, such as Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Event trigger/USB plug in. The last two are available in the Professional version.
- Backup Scheme: It allows you to select backup methods including Full backup, Incremental backup and Differential backup. And you can enable the automatic backup cleanup feature. The last two methods and the cleanup feature are supported by the Pro and higher versions.
This article introduces the definition of system backup, its function and the free system backup software AOMEI Backupper Standard, which can help you quickly and easily solve the how to take system backup problem. You can backup your system to different destinations and choose different frequencies to backup your system regularly.
Even if something goes wrong with your system, this software can help you recover it quickly, it not only supports restoring system backup to the original location, but restoring to dissimilar hardware. Besides, restoring system backup between GPT disk and MBR disk is out of question. Download this freeware to discover more features!