[Full Guide] How to Transfer Only Favorite Photos from iPhone
The photos in the Favorites album must play an important part role for you. Thus, you may wonder how to transfer only favorite photos from iPhone to new iPhone or computer. Here you are given three quick methods to make it.
Transfer only “Favorites” pictures to new iPhone?
I’d like to transfer only my “Favorites” photos to my new iPhone 14 as well as my Windows PC as a backup, not the whole camera roll (it’s too big). But how can I do that? I did a lot of research online and I can’t find a way to do this!
- Question from Apple Community
On the Photos app on your iPhone, you can browse any of your favorite photo and tap the heart icon to add it to a folder called Favorites. It's no deny that the photos in the Favorites album are much more important and meaningful for you.
When you have got a new iPhone, there may be no need to transfer all photos from old iPhone to new iPhone. Besides, you may want to transfer them to your Windwos PC as a backup. You are coming to the right place if you want to know how to transfer only favorite photos from iPhone to new iPhone or Windows PC.
While Way 3 will tell you how to transfer “Favorites” photos to new iPhone only.
Hope you can find the best one for your needs and preferences among the following three methods.
The professional iOS data transfer and backup tool - FoneTool is highly recommended to help you transfer wanted photos from iPhone to iPhone, iPhone to computer and vice versa.
• You are able to preview and transfer only favorite photos from iPhone to Windows PC and new iPhone.
• The simple interface of FoneTool makes it easy to handle. It just takes 3 seconds to transfer 100 photos.
• FoneTool supports iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 15 series, as well as iPad and iPod.
Now, I’ll show you how to transfer “Favorites” photos from iPhone to computer and then to new iPhone. First, download and install FoneTool on your computer for free.
Step 1. Transfer favorite photos from iPhone to Windows PC
1. Connect your iPhone to computer with USB > Launch FoneTool and click Phone Transfer > Locate iPhone to PC and click Start Transfer.
2. Click the plus icon > Check the Photos icon and uncheck others > Choose Favorites or any other albums to preview and select photos you’d like to transfer > Click OK to confirm.
3. You can choose a destination to save these photos from Transfer Settings > Finally, click Start Transfer to begin.
Step 2. Transfer only favorite pictures to new iPhone
If you need to transfer these photos to your new iPhone, then, plug the new iPhone to computer and follow the two steps below to make it.
1. Launch FoneTool, click PC to iPhone from Phone Transfer > Drag and drop or click the folder icon to open the folder where your photos are just saved.
2. If everything is OK, click Start Transfer to begin the task.
If all photos in your Favorites albums are from Camera Roll, the inbuilt Windows Photos can help you access iPhone photos on PC and export them to computer, and if needed, sync them to new iPhone with iTunes. Follow the steps to know how to import only one photo album from iPhone.
Transfer favorite photos from iPhone to computer
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to Windows PC > If no window prompts automatically, go to the Start menu > Locate and open Photos.
Step 2.Click Import > Choose From a USB device to select photos you’d like to save to computer > Click Import Selected to start.
Sync photos from computer to new iPhone
Step 1. Connect your new iPhone to computer with USB.
Step 2. Launch iTunes > Click the phone icon and click Photos under “Settings”.
Step 3. Check Sync Photos and choose to sync photos from the folder where the iPhone photos are saved.
Step 4. Click Apply to start syncing photos from PC to your new iPhone.
The built-in tool - AirDrop allows you to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone wirelessly and directly. Detailed steps to transfer only favorites pictures to new iPhone.
• Enable AirDrop on both iPhone: From Control Center of your iPhone > Press and hold the network settings block > Turn on AirDrop and choose Contacts Only or Everyone as per your need.
• AirDrop “Favorites” photos from iPhone to iPhone:
On the source iPhone: Go to the Photos app and open the Favorites album, and choose the photos you want to transfer. Tap the Share icon, choose AirDrop. Then, tap the target iPhone’s name to share photos.
On the target iPhone: A window will show up to ask you to accept AirDrop photos. Simply tap Accept to save photos to new iPhone.
Hope you have found the most satisfied ways to transfer wanted photos from iPhone to another iPhone or computer. That’s all for how to transfer only favorite photos from iPhone. If this guide helps you, please share it with others.