Although anyone can install the iOS 16 developer beta without developer account, that’s a risky approach. Apple said that iOS 16 will be released one day in September. Everyone iPhone/iPad user that owns a compatible device can download this beta version to enjoy the new features of iOS 16/iPadOS 16. Keep reading to see how to get iOS 16 public beta or iPadOS 16 public beta with ease.
Before we start to see how to download iOS 16 public beta/iPadOS 16 public beta, first make sure that your device is on the compatible lists.
Important: Backup Your iPhone/iPad Before Installing iOS 16/iPadOS 16 Public Beta
Be aware that the beta version of iOS 16/iPadOS 16 will bring your new features along with plenty of bugs, after all, it is still in the debugging stage. The pre-release software may cause serious problems like crashes, data loss, etc., so backing up your iPhone or iPad before the upgrade is necessary.
Backup iPhone or iPad with iCloud
To complete the backup on device directly, you can choose to backup your device with iCloud. You just need to connect your iPhone/iPad to Wi-Fi network and run a backup immediately. It will backup your most device data and settings. However, it only offers 5 GB free storage space to store all iOS data. You may upgrade the storage plan as per your needs.
Backup iPhone or iPad with iTunes
If there is no enough iCloud storage space to save your backup, iTunes is another official way to go. Connect your device to computer and run iTunes to start the backup. It will make a complete backup for your device content.
Backup iPhone or iPad with FoneTool
If you just want to backup some selected items instead of all iPhone content, then one free iOS backup manager named FoneTool can be your best choice.
● You can preview and select the data you really need before the backup and restore.
● During the restoration, it will not erase any existing data stored on the device.
You can click the download button to get the tool.
How to Download iOS 16 Public Beta/iPadOS 16 Public Beta?
Every iPhone or iPad user with a compatible device can download it to have a try. To access the upgrade entrance, you should first join the Apple Beta Software Program and then you will be able to download iOS 16 public beta/iPadOS 16 public beta on your device. The following are the detailed steps.
Steps to Get iOS 16 Public Beta/iPadOS 16 Public Beta
◆ Join the Apple Beta Software Program
- Open Safari and go to Apple Beta Software Program.
- Tap the Sign up button > Enter your Apple ID > Tap the Sign in button.
- Agree to the Apple Beta Software Program terms and conditions.
- Then you will see the “Guide for Public Betas” screen > Choose the iOS or iPadOS tab > Scroll down to the “Get Started” section and tap enroll your iOS device.
◆ Download iOS 16 Public Beta/iPadOS 16 Public Beta
- On the “Enroll Your Devices” screen, scroll down and tap the Download profile button.
- Choose “iPhone” or “iPad” > Tap Allow to start the download.
- A pop-up window will appear and says that you can set the new profile from the Settings app > Tap Close to continue.
◆ Install iOS 16 Public Beta/iPadOS 16 Public Beta
- Go to Settings app > Tap Profile Downloaded below your Apple ID banner.
- Tap Install in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your passcode > Tap Install two more times when prompted > Tap Done.
- Go to General > Software Update > Tap Download and Install > Tap Install Now.
That’s all for how to get iOS 16 public beta and iPadOS public beta. To download the public beta profile, you should first join the Apple Beta Software Program and then enroll your iOS device. Just remember to backup your iPhone or iPad before the installation. The backup may help you get lost data soon if an unexpected error occurs.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad