How to delete duplicate photos from iCloud
Is there a way to delete duplicate photos from iCloud? Through the process of migrating all photos of my laptop to iCloud, I now have thousands of duplicates. Is there a way of automating removal rather than the stupid and time-consuming task of deleting one by one?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
- Question from Apple Community
iCloud is a nice and popular solution to backup your iPhone. But duplicate and similar photos in iCloud waste the limited space in iCloud. How do you delete duplicate photos on iCloud? Here comes this guide provides you with three ways about how to delete duplicate photos on iCloud.
• The enabled iCloud Photo Library. Things usually happen when you take photos with friends or family. You may take more than one photo in seconds so that you can pick the most satisfying one. However, because you’ve enabled iCloud Photo Library, all photos are automatically uploaded to iCloud in the background so that your iCloud is full of duplicate and similar photos.
• Upload the same photos to iCloud more than once. Chances are that after you manually upload a photo via iCloud client on computer, iCloud will automatically upload it again on iPhone without any detection.
Now, it’s time to remove duplicate photos from iCloud. There are three ways for you to view iCloud backup photos and delete duplicate photos from iCloud. Look through them one after another and choose one to help you out.
If you have enabled iCloud Photos on iPhone, all photos in the Recents album should have been uploaded to iCloud, so you can delete duplicate photos from iCloud on iPhone. It’s also a good way to delete duplicate photos on iPhone that haven’t been uploaded to iCloud.
Step 1. Go to the Photos app > Select Albums at the bottom > Choose Recents.
Step 2. In the Recents, browse and choose the duplicated photos you’d like to delete > Click the trashcan icon to delete them.
Step 3. When a prompt says “This photo will be deleted from iCloud Photos on all your devices”, tap Delete Photo.
To delete iCloud duplicate photos more directly, you can go to the site of iCloud to find and delete them. The following steps are about how to delete duplicate pictures on iCloud by visiting iCloud site.
Step 1. Go to a web browser and open the site of iCloud > Sign in with your account and password.
Step 2. Click the Photos icon > Browse and choose certain photos you’d like to delete > Click the trashcan icon in the upper-right icon to delete.
You may find it’s kind of time-consuming to delete duplicate photos on iCloud with either method above. It’s suggested to try the new function - Photo Deduplication in AOMEI MBackupper to automatically scan and filter out duplicate and similar photos and delete them without effort.
To delete duplicate photos on iCloud, download iCloud photos to computer via iCloud for Windows first. Then, delete duplicate photos with AOMEI MBackupper.
Step 1. Download iCloud photos to computer
• Download and install iCloud for Windows on your computer > Sign in with your account and password.
• Go to File Explorer on your computer > Click iCloud Photos in the navigation pane.
• Click Downloads in the right pane to download iCloud photos to your computer.
Step 2. Delete duplicate photos on iCloud with AOMEI MBackupper
• Free download and install AOMEI MBackupper on your computer by clicking the icon below.
• Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Click Photo Deduplication.
• Click Scan Computer > Locate and choose the folder that saves your iCloud photos > Click Start Scanning.
• All duplicate and similar photos will be listed in groups in the left pane > Choose them one after another to delete them.
That’s all for how to delete duplicate photos on iCloud. You can manually delete photos on iPhone or via iCloud.com. To save your time and make things simpler, AOMEI MBackupper can be a better choice for you to filter and delete duplicate photos automatically.
iCloud storage is full? The Custom Backup function in AOMEI MBackupper provides you with an incremental backup solution to keep your iPhone data safer.
For any queries, suggestions, and feedback, please feel free to contact us or leave your comments below.