Best Backup Strategy for Multiple Windows Servers in the LAN
This article shares a server backup strategy to protect multiple Windows Servers and PCs in the LAN, and manage the backup task from the central machine.
The necessity of an effective server backup strategy
Windows Servers are popular workstations for users who need to provide network services for others. They usually holds a lot of important data that, if lost, could affect more than one client. So in addition to backup other PCs from the server, it's also important to backup the server to attached drives or the cloud. That's why you need an effective and centralized server backup strategy.
A decent server backup solution should be able to satisfy the the following expectations:
Centrally manage and backup all the desktops, laptops and servers on network.
Customize the task with complete settings, like backup schedule or scheme.
Remotely monitor backup tasks for all your clients with the central control server.
Significantly save time, labor and administrative costs.
To carry out the server backup strategy, a centralized server backup software will be a big help.
Best server backup software for centralized data protection
AOMEI Centralized Backupper provides all-around Windows Server backup solutions. It can manage all the PCs running Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and servers running Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2011/2008/2003, etc.
With ACB installed on the central machine and Agent package installed on all client PCs or servers, you can create a centralized task as you need:
AOMEI Centralized Backupper offers unlimited plan and customized plan. You may choose a plan that best fits your business needs and budget. You can try this 30-day free trial before making a decision:
How to apply centralized server backup strategy in the LAN?
- Install AOMEI Centralized Backupper on one of the computers within LAN as the central management console.
- Launch ACB and go to Computers > Uncontrolled Computers > Install client program, then you can choose a way and follow the wizard to install Agent package on all the client computers.
- After installation, tick the computers you want to manage under Computers > Uncontrolled Computers, then you can Request Control over them and wait for their confirmation.
Note: If you have installed client program remotely, client computers will be listed under Computers > Controlled Computers. There’s no need for you to request control in this situation.
☞ Backup process:
After all the preparations, you can create a new task to backup several Windows Servers simultaneously and develop a Server backup strategy. Here take system backup as an example:
1. Go to Tasks tab, click New Task and select System Backup.
2. In Step 1, click + Add Computers to select all the controlled servers or PCs you want to manage. The system partition(s) will be added to the backup automatically, so you don’t need to select them manually.
3. Click on Step 3, and hit Add Storage to specify a network share or NAS as the destination.
4. Confirm the operation and Start Backup. You can choose Only create the task or Create and execute tasks.
This is how to backup Servers centrally. The created backup task will show in the Tasks tab. Free free to manage or edit it. You are even allowed to restore it to a new location (another client computer).
As you can see, AOMEI Centralized Backupper is an effective solution to implement home server backup strategy, or even small business backup strategy.
It is not only suitable for backup and restore, but also supports synchronizing folders to another network location in real time. This feature is very useful for users who need to collaborate with others on a file or a project.