Guide to Recover MS Project Files
Learn how to recover MS Project files via two feasible solutions on this page. Moreover, you can learn how to recover deleted MS Office files and relevant suggestions.
How do I recover Microsoft Project files?
Microsoft Project is a project management software program created and distributed by Microsoft. It is intended to help a project manager create a schedule, assign resources to tasks, track progress, manage the budget, and analyze workloads.
Microsoft Project was the third Microsoft Windows-based application developed by the company. It quickly became the dominant PC-based project management software a few years after its release.
Are you wondering how to recover MS Project files? Especially for corrupted MS Project files. You can also get professional document recovery software to recover deleted MS Office files.
Case A. Recover corrupted MS project files
How to fix the Microsoft Project file gets corrupted? Please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Please open a new MS Project file and select its first row.
Step 2. Click Project > Subproject.
Step 3. After opening a file dialog, locate the corrupted MPP file you want to insert into the blank MS Project file.
Step 4. Under the File Name tab, uncheck the “Link to Project” button.
Step 5. Click the Insert drop menu and select the “Read-only” option.
Step 6. Expand the schedule to check whether all the tasks have been imported. Please remember to delete the extra first row and rename this edited file.
Case B. Recover deleted MS Office files via document recovery software
Microsoft Office files are essential to our careers and lives. After accidental/first deletion, you can restore your accidentally/recently deleted files from Recycle Bin. However, after emptying the Recycle Bin, you’ll have no choice but to restore files from backups or use professional data recovery software for permanently deleted files.
Supposed that there’s no accessible backup for the restoration process, there’s no better way than using document recovery like MyRecover to recover deleted MS Office files.
● Please avoid overwritten performances on your Windows computer because any newly added files could overwrite your permanently deleted MS Office files.
- ★Powerful features & friendly design:
- Recover the deleted/lost Word documents, Excel, PPT, PDF, Photos, Videos, Audio, folders, compressed files, and 200+ types of data from HDD, USB, SD card, etc.
- Retain the original format for the deleted/lost data.
- During scanning, you can search your needed office files by tying their filenames in the search bar or wait to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers after Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- Support NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, and ReFS file systems.
Let’s take MS Excel as an example. Please download MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server computers to get your desired Excel files back!
Step 1. Launch MyRecover on your PC, then select the partition that contains the Excel files you want to restore. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. Search your desired Excel files or wait to see all the deleted and other missing files after performing Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Other Missing Files folder, and choose your desired Excel files. Please click “Recover x files” and save them in a new location.
How to recover MS Project files? And how to recover deleted MS Office files? Please get corresponding solutions to address these two issues from the above content.
Moreover, you’re advised to put the following data loss prevention tips into action.
- Please think twice before deletion.
- Open your MS Office files, then click File > Options > Advanced > Save > Always create a backup copy > OK.
- Enable the AutoSave and AutoRecover features.
- Try to use this free backup software for Windows to make regular files, folders, partitions, disks, or systems backups.
- For corrupted MS Office files like damaged MS Excel, try to use the Open and Repair feature to recover corrupted Excel files.