Guide: How to Recover Deleted PST File Quickly and Easily
In this tutorial, you will learn how to recover deleted PST file quickly on your computer. Besides, another 2 tips for lost PST files are also introduced here.
How do I recover my Outlook PST file?
Outlook, an important part of the Microsoft Office suite, provides many convenient features for you including note management, email sending and receiving, calendar events, and so on. To save Outlook data, there will be some PST files on your computer, which can be quite important to you.
However, you may encounter the Outlook PST files lost issue unfortunately. In most cases, they were deleted by accident. Data loss can be quite troublesome for you. So you need an efficient way to recover deleted files quickly. How to recover deleted PST files? Generally, you can recover your PST files from backups or Deleted Items. If you cannot find your PST files from them, there is a useful file recovery tool to help you get your files back.
3 ways to recover deleted PST files
How to recover deleted Outlook PST file? There are 3 methods for you here. If your PST files were deleted recently, maybe you can find them without downloading Outlook PST recovery software. If you cannot recover deleted PST files in Outlook, you can try the easy recovery software we provided.
Way 1. Recover deleted PST files from backups
If you have a habit of backup and create backups of your PST files regularly, how to recover deleted PST files from PC? Here is a simple guideline and you can try it step by step:
1. Run Outlook. On the Outlook client page, choose Open & Export > Import/Export.
2. Click on Import from another program or file and then choose Next. Select Import project into current folder to import the file into your folder. Then click Finish.
Way 2. Recover deleted PST files in Deleted Items
If you do not have a backup of PST files, how to restore Outlook files in another way? If your PST files are not permanently deleted, you can go to the Deleted Items part to recover them. Follow the steps below:
1. Run the Outlook client, and click on Deleted Items.
2. Next, in the Home tab, click on the Recover Deleted Items From Server icon.
3. If you are lucky, you can see your deleted PST files in the window. Choose the PST file you want to recover, and choose Restore Selected Items. Then click on OK to restore your deleted PST files.
Way 3. Recover deleted PST files quickly
However, the 2 methods above only work for some situations. If you want to get an efficient way to recover PST files from all kinds of situations, here comes an easy file recovery tool - MyRecover.
MyRecover is a professional file recovery software, which allows you to recover deleted files from accidental deletion, system crashes, data format, etc.
There are also some other outstanding points of MyRecover:
- Combined scanning methods: Both Quick Scan and Deep Scan are supported in MyRecover.
- Flexibility: More than 200 types of files can be recovered with MyRecover including pictures, videos, documents, emails, and more.
- Available in all Windows systems: You can use MyRecover in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Functionality: MyRecover supports to recover files from external hard drives, local drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, and so on.
- Data security: Your deleted files will be recovered without changing the filename, format, and path.
Now, let’s see how to use such an easy recovery tool to recover your deleted PST files. First of all, please click on this button to download and install the MyRecover client on your computer.
1. Launch the MyRecover application, and click the partition or disk that stored your Outlook PST files before. Then click on Start Scan to scan the storage device.
2. Then, you can see your deleted PST files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan completely.
3. Check the scanning result. And you can select another location to store recovered PST files. Finally, click on the Recover X files button to recover your deleted PST files with ease.
Other tips to get your lost PST files back
When you cannot find your PST file, maybe it is not deleted. We have prepared another 2 tips for you to recover lost files. Read on to see if they can help you.
Tip 1. Find PST files in Advanced Find
Sometimes, your Microsoft Outlook files disappeared but you did not delete them. Maybe the file path has been changed due to a virus attack or other reasons. To find lost PST files, you can try the Advanced Find feature in Outlook.
1. Open the Outlook client on your computer. Click on the Search tab on the menu.
2. Select Advanced Find in Search Tools.
3. Type in the name of your PST file and press the Browse button. If your PST file has not been deleted, you can see it then.
Tip 2. Repair corrupted PST file
It is also possible that your PST file has been corrupted. To recover it, you can refer to the easy guideline to use Inbox Repair Tool.
1. Run Inbox Repair Tool, and input the name of your Outlook PST file.
2. Choose Browse to choose your corrupted PST file and click on Start to recover PST file.
3. If you find errors, press Repair to fix them here.
The bottom line
Now, you have learned 3 ways to solve how to recover deleted PST file. If you want to recover your deleted PST files quickly and easily, a professional recovery tool called MyRecover is the best choice for you. You can use it to recover deleted or lost files from any situation.