How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from OneDrive
How to recover deleted files from OneDrive? This post covers 4 useful ways to recover deleted OneDrive files and how-to guides. Continue reading to get more information.
- Can deleted OneDrive files be recovered?
- How to recover deleted files from OneDrive: 4 ways here
- Wrapping things up
Can deleted OneDrive files be recovered?
Is there any way to recover deleted OneDrive files?
At some point, OneDrive synced my files from my laptop to my desktop. Without knowing about the sync, I deleted some files from my desktop that were originally on my laptop, which deleted those OneDrive files from both devices. Even when I turned it off, it kept syncing. Is there any way to recover these files? Thank you!
OneDrive is a popular cloud storage service all over the world. Since it offers convenient cloud services, users often store important files on the OneDrive cloud. However, files on OneDrive are also at risk of being lost. It could be due to manual deletion as in the case of users, or they could suffer from system crashes, natural disasters, malware attacks, etc.
Then how to recover deleted files from OneDrive? Here are 4 different but useful ways for you.
How to recover deleted files from OneDrive: 4 ways here
To solve how to recover deleted OneDrive files, you can try doing it in the OneDrive Recycle bin, in the OneDrive local folder, or recover deleted files from your PC. Please keep reading and find the most suitable solution for your OneDrive files.
Way 1. Recover deleted files from OneDrive Recycle bin
Like on your computer, OneDrive itself has a Recycle bin, so when you lose your OneDrive files, this is the first place you can go to find them. Here are the detailed steps to recover deleted files from Recycle bin in OneDrive:
1. Navigate to the OneDrive website and log into your OneDrive account.
2. Click on the Recycle bin option on the left menu.
3. Find your deleted OneDrive files and tick them. Then click on the Restore all items button.
Way 2. Recover deleted files from Second-stage recycle bin
If you cannot find your deleted OneDrive files in Way 1, there is another Second-stage recycle bin. It will save files that were removed from Recycle bin. So it is possible for you to recover deleted OneDrive files after 30 days.
1. On the OneDrive Recycle bin page, click on the Second-stage recycle bin link at the bottom.
2. Locate your files and tick them all. Then right-click on them to choose the Restore option on the pop-up menu.
Way 3. Recover deleted files from OneDrive local folder
When you want to know how to recover deleted files in OneDrive, you can go to the OneDrive local folder. OneDrive always creates a folder on your computer called OneDrive. It will sync all your OneDrive files automatically. So you can try recovering deleted files from OneDrive local folder on your computer. Here is a guideline to find the location of your OneDrive folder on your PC:
1. Go to Settings in OneDrive.
2. Click on the Account tab > the Choose folder button. Notice the location of your OneDrive folder.
3. Then you can open File Explorer to go to your OneDrive folder. If your deleted OneDrive files do not exist there, maybe they were deleted permanently and you can refer to the following Way 4.
Way 4. Recover permanently deleted file from OneDrive
If you cannot find deleted files with the methods above, they may be deleted permanently. How to recover permanently deleted files from OneDrive? Here we recommend an efficient solution.
A professional data recovery tool MyRecover can be your best assistant. You just need to download and install it on your computer, then you can get back all deleted files with a few clicks.
And MyRecover has many shining points:
- Provide combined scanning methods like Deep Scan and Quick Scan.
- 200+ types of files are supported to recover including Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, JPG, MP4, compressed files, and so on..
- Support to recover deleted files from SSD and HDD that includes your OneDrive folder.
- Recover from different situations like accidental formating and keep the original format/path/name of files.
- Compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server perfectly.
- Offer a clear graphical user interface and simple operation steps.
Download and install MyRecover on your PC and use it to solve how to restore OneDrive files with a few clicks.
Best free data recovery software for files.
1. In MyRecover, click the partition or disk where your OneDrive files are saved before. And click Start Scan to scan it.
2. Then you will see your deleted OneDrive files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically.
You can input the filename in the search box or use filters like Type, Size, Path, etc., to sort the scanned files.
- Name: Type the filenames of your desired files to narrow the search area.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
3. After confirming the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered OneDrive files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover deleted OneDrive files fast.
- Please select a new location for recovered files to avoid data overwriting.
- MyRecover provides free data recovery, up to 30MB. For deleted files larger than it, an advanced edition is suitable for you.
Wrapping things up
4 feasible solutions to how to recover deleted files from OneDrive have been introduced in this post. You can go to OneDrive recycle bin to get your deleted files first. To save you much time and effort, we recommend the last free file recovery software called MyRecover highly. It can help you to recover your deleted OneDrive files from all kinds of situations at a high recovery rate and speed.